• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

freecycle bunny

bunhun

Young Bun
hi all im new here,ive been looking for a new bunnie after my old girl died sadly beginning of this year:( she was 9 years old,and i was on my computer today and i got emails through from freecycle and there was a mum and 5 week old rabbit on there:evil: god knows how it got on cos animals arnt ment to be allowed on there,any way im going to fetch them both at 2pm,wish me luck and i will post pictures when i get them home

be very careful when moving mum and babies.... is ther only one baby? where are the rest? take them all if you cna. they shouldnt leave mum until 8 weeks. keep them warm and good luck after collection report them to the mods xx

hi ive been told there is only the one baby, i bet the otheres have been rehomed:(:( :evil: i will be very careful thankyou:) i will post when they are here and safe

well done on being able to take them in see if once bun is handed over the previous owner would let you contact the other"new owners" of the young kits and if they could possibly stay with mum until 8 weeks instead then be rehomed back to the "new owners" let us know how you get on xx

other"new owners" of the young kits and if they could possibly stay with mum until 8 weeks instead then be rehomed back to the "new owners" let us know how you get on xx

there is a chance if you did this mum wouldn't feed them ifthe babys have been away for a while so unfortunatly i wouldn't bother. At 5 week old baby will be feeding itself and still suckeling from mum and the risk during house moving is much lower but there is still a risk make sure you keep mum and baby as quiet as possible and try if you can to get soemthing from the owner out of there old hutch, some hay or shavings, even mums nest of the owner hasn't got rid of it. good luck and keep us posted

there is a chance if you did this mum wouldn't feed them ifthe babys have been away for a while so unfortunatly i wouldn't bother. At 5 week old baby will be feeding itself and still suckeling from mum and the risk during house moving is much lower but there is still a risk make sure you keep mum and baby as quiet as possible and try if you can to get soemthing from the owner out of there old hutch, some hay or shavings, even mums nest of the owner hasn't got rid of it. good luck and keep us posted

oh i didnt think about that ok well good luck with buns yoou save x

still no luck:evil: she wasnt in again,im going to try and get tonight she has sent me photos of them through,there was 3 babies in the litter and the other 2 babies have already gone to new homes:evil::censored:

still no luck:evil: she wasnt in again,im going to try and get tonight she has sent me photos of them through,there was 3 babies in the litter and the other 2 babies have already gone to new homes:evil::censored:

They are/were too young to leave mum :?
Oh gosh i hope you get mum and remaining baby away.
Just hope the move doesnt stress mum.
As mentioned try and get some bedding from there hutch.

Sounds familair this story. I took in 4 babies from a lady selling them at 4 weeks, however she would not give up mum. I can report however they they are all growing fast and healthy and have no health probs. I may just have been lucky with them. There were 8 to start but i only managed to get 4. Best of luck with this and I hope it goes well xxx

she has just told me that this is mums second litter and the vet told her to rehome the babies as they didnt need mum anymore:shock::shock:

she has just told me that this is mums second litter and the vet told her to rehome the babies as they didnt need mum anymore:shock::shock:

Get mum and babies away from the woman, she is obviously clueless.
What time you going to collect them?

heres mum
P1010085.jpg

Back