• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I know I haven't been around much lately but I need vibes :-( She's gone :-(

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
Britney came to me in October, she had been speyed by her previous owners for her to be able to come and live with me. Well she had gradually lost weight and when I took her to the vets last night I expected them to say teeth and leave her in for a dental today, however the vet I saw was the most rabbit savvy and she felt her abdomen and cant feel something abnormal and she fears it is a tumour on her liver :cry:

It was such a shock and I know it sounds silly but after losing my Dad in October to liver failure this couldn't be a worse illness at a worse time I am just hoping more than ever there is something straight forward and I do not have to decide to let her go she is so beautiful :cry:

Here she is at the front of the litter tray :love:

STA60908.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no :(

I really hope little Britney wil be OK. I dont think what you feel is silly at all.
Keeping everything crossed for Britney and tons of vibes on their way :love:

Awwww thanks Zoe and Jane :love::love:

I was shocked she could feel and think so much without having a look but she is that skinny I suppose there isn't a lot stopping her feeling the slightest abnormality :(

She's gorgeous. Sending vibes your way, I hope it is something straight forward as you hope. Sorry you're having a such a worrying time :( At least you know you have a savvy vet looking after her.

She is lovely and of course it's not silly to feel the way you do. She sounds like she's in good hands with your vet and I'm sending lots of vibes for your lovely little girl. xx

I am so sorry, you must be so worried but you are doing everything you can, sending you loads of vibes

Awwwww Carys, I loveher to bits and I am so sorry, I am keeping everything crossed that it will be ok. We're a right pair between us :(

1 of my bridge bun Little Happy also had liver cancer. Back then I don't know anything, and the vet is okay but not the best, so noone knows Little Happy had liver cancer until the day before he passed away.

But looking back, she did say if it were detected early, the tissue can be removed. So it depends on Britney's X-ray, is it 1 or both liver? If it's both, there is nothing you can do. If it's only 1, can it be remove and let her function w/ just 1 liver?

If so, then in post-surgery do the blackberries treatment like what I did w/ Goofball and hope for the best.

On a side note, since I learned what raspberry and blackberry can do, these 2 monkeys in my house has been eating blackberries daily as a prevention from cancer. As blackberries, especially the load from Mexico from Nov. to Feb., is very strong on anti-toxic, and prevents any cancer cells from forming in the first place.

Sending lots of healthy healing vibes to your bun.

Thanks Jason & Sam.

If it is cancer I will ask them not to bring her round as that is the kindest thing to do :(

She's gone :cry:

When they opepend her up her liver was actually ok.

She had an impactation in her stoamch and a 3rd of her stomach lining had gone black they said that if they brought her round that it would only be a matter of time before it ruptured and it wouldn't be fair on her.

I am so shocked again as she was eating drinking pooing didnt have statis signs, no bloating - all this was going on inside an there were no signs apart from weight loss - i only had her 2 months she was a cuddle bun too :cry:

Back