• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny!!!!

William

Wise Old Thumper
My parents were at the petshop and one of the employees asked if they wanted a free bunny. Someone had left 2 rabbits on the doorstep of the shelter, which is right next door to the petshop, and the shelter gave them to the petshop so they would get adopted quickly. They of course said yes and brought him home Too bad someone already got the other bunny though

So anyway, he is SO sweet and will just sit in your lap for hours and let you stroke him and he doesnt struggle when you pick him up. He's is streaked in various shades of brown and has the up and down ears (we've only had lops besides Lily, but that was about 15 yrs ago). he's really small, I'm guessing he's still a baby. Maybe about 2 months old. I hope he's a small breed of rabbit, I'm not sure what breed he is.
I'll post pics of him later. My brother has to send the pics over to my pc (he put them on his). Will anyone be able to tell me his breed?

EDit: Is there anything that this new rabbit could give to my other two? Because Izzy got out of my room and went up to new bunny's cage and licked new bunny thru the bars of the cage.they were being so cute together.. which really surprised me since they're both boys and just met.

Last edited:
i am guessing that they are both young or are both neutered in which case its more likely for them to get along. but i would ensure both are definatly neutered before trying to bond them just to be sure.

it seems odd a shelter would give to a pet shop?did they do homechecks etc?has the bunny been vaccinated yet or pannacurd? if not then i would pannnacur all buns(yours and his) straight away to protect against ec. pannacur can be bought online. if bun is not vaccinated i wouldnt let him in with your buns until vaccinated also if he has mites or syphilis o ring worm these too could be passed bunny to bunny. but chances are he doesnt have them i woudl get him helath checked and quarrintine himi from your other buns for at least a week just to be on safe side. its good he got a new home :) x

also if a young bunny be extra careful at sexing to ensure you really do have 2 boys!!!!

:evil: I just wrote a reply and it didnt post.
I'll try to re-type it all.

Nope, Izzy isnt neutered and he's 4 years old. The other is an unneutered baby (or a least I think he's not neutered.. I can clearly see his testicles.. they do remove those dont they?). I'm saving up to neuter them. I think it'll cost about $250 for all 3.

No, no homecheck. somebody just dropped tehm off at the pet adoption place and they cant take animals that arent ready for adoption (vaccinations, spayed/neutered, and checked that they're healthY). they get the animals from another place that does all that. So I guess that instead of sending them to that place and then putting the up for adoption they just gave them to the petshop hoping they'd find homes quicker that way (which they did :lol: ). Or at least this is what I figure.

also if a young bunny be extra careful at sexing to ensure you really do have 2 boys!!!!

I know that all 3 (Izzy, Raven, and this new guy) are definitely all males.
Its funny, my next rabbits I planned on being girls so that my guys ould have girlfriends (after they're fixed) and so they'd all get along well. Things never happen the way you picture them :roll: Oh well, I can get 3 girls this way. :lol:

Back