• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch chewing

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Is there any way I can discourage Charlie from eating his hutch?
He has a LOT of chew toys in there, plus balls and stuff to play with, but he still seems determinded to destroy it :roll:

Jack stopped chewing his when i put one of those chew toys that hang, like the flower one in PAH.

Frank used to chew his kennel, but it was my fault for making him a tunnel that culminated in a kennel wall. I moved it so he could get out of both ends and he's only had a slight gnaw occasionally since. Neutering helped too.

None of buns chew their hutch or chew toys, i have no idea what im doing to stop this?? So can't help, sorry, wish i knew!!

hutch chewing

My female drawf lop is approximately 1 year old and has already chewing massive holes in the side of two cages and escaped. Both cages are now boarded up and buscuit lives in one with her daughter boris while her other daughter smokey lives in the other.

Buscuit also gets provided with chew toys and sticks. She seems to have stopped eating her huth for now.

Hannah

You need to put some metal cornering on the parts of the hutch she is chewing and it will stop her. You can buy it from B&Q, Wickes etc you just need a junior hacksaw to cut it to the right length and a drill to make a couple holes in it then some nails to stick it tot he corners in your hutch.

Humm, How big is the hutch? Rhia never ever chews hers but she has a small one in the shed (For when its freezing) that shes chewed to bits cos shes bored in it. Could maybe be it? X

Back