• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anywhere do 2.5/3ft deep hutches not custom made?

gemmam

Alpha Buck
As the quest for perfect housing continues (will I ever be happy with my set ups?!), I am looking for a 5 ft hutch with extra depth i.e. 2.5. or 3 ft deep. I know I could get one custom made but before I resort to that, has anyone ever bought one this deep as standard? A double would be ideal (not with ramp, two separate hutches) but single would be a start. Or if you did get one custom made to this size, how much did it cost if you don't mind saying?

(It's for piggies by the way, bunnies have 6ft of course!).

I got a 6ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft hutch from a rescue. They get them custom made from a joiner and sell them for a small profit. I only paid £140 for mine so it must not be that expensive to get them custom made :) They are much sturdier than other hutches I have seen.

Kernow Pet Housing have a standard 3ft deep hutch - but all of theirs are made to order in Cornwall anyway so there is always a week or so lead time. I can throughly recommend them. The are top quality and worth every penny. Slightly more expensive than normal petshop hutches but they are guaranteed for 10years.

http://www.kernowpethousing.co.uk/

Dawsons charge £280 for a 6x2x2 triple or £200 for a 6x2x2 with run.
We were quoted £180 for a 5ftx2.5 double piggie hutch

Thanks so much everyone, will check those places out. Think it'll have to wait until after christmas but can window shop and get prices for now. I am hoping to get a bunny shed and thinking of a double hutch to go inside so my piggies can have the top level and the rabbits can have the bottom one as a cosy shelter/bed area (permanently open with one of the doors off).

Back