• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long?

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
If yuo have an indoor bunny - how long dothey have outside their hutch?
atm Oggie has his inddor hutch which i open everynight so he can go in and out on his own free will. I usually do this in the mornign aswell when im getting ready.

Is that ok or does he need more or less?

im not exactly sure but i think she could maybe do with a bit more.
couldnt you build a run for her to have access to even when youre not in?
mine are outdoor buns, they have cuddles from us for an hour or so each day but have access to a run all day.:D
when i shut them in at night they scowl at me but once they have their greens they get over it:D

My one indoor bunny is totally free range all the time - he doesn't have a cage or anything just a cat litter tray in the corner of the room. My other bunny (in a different room) is free range from 6am until about 10pm when he goes to bed in his dog crate.

We used to open Fanta's cage as soon as we were home and as you said, in the morning while we were getting readly. In total it was around seven hours per day free range. When I discussed about this in the forum and I heard peple's opinions we decided to try and let her free range 24/7 and.... it's working!!! We only have a small number of poo accidents per day (around ten or fifteen) but I think this is not really bad. We just collect them with a piece of tissue straight away and magic!!! floor is clean again. When we mop the flooring we use disinfectants to avoid problems

my 2 indoor buns have about 1 hour out in the morning while i get ready for work then when i get home they're out for about 3 or 4 hours, longer if the oh is home and on days off. they jump back in when they want, sometimes they like to stay in the cage even though the door is open so i figure they must be getting enough time out!:)

thankyou everyone :wave:

I normally open his cage straight when i get in from school. Then he has free rein over the room for all of the night :D He seems to like it :D

Charlies hutch is open if I'm in, but I can't leave him out all the time as he is very very good at destroying everything when I'm not there. Also it would upset the cockatiel.
He gets a few hours out every day, but now he has a bigger hutch in my room he isn't bothered about coming out half the time :roll:

Blue has a hutch but he trashed the latches so I don't shut him in anymore! Hes out whenever someones in otherwise hes shut in the kitchen.

Kermit has a nero 4 cage, he is shut in this from 11pm until 5.30am overnight, apart from that he is out in my living room free range.....so he basically has 17.5hours out each day, he just jumps in and out when he needs his litter tray.
(unless my friend brings her kids in, and i put him in the cage so the kids dont pester the living daylights out of him!!)

thankyou :)

The only thing is - Ogs is a bit of a chewer :lol:
However i have bought like 5 more chewy toys to divert his teeth away from the drawers :roll: He is very good and only wee in his hutch :D I think what im going to do is see if i can get an indoor cage to put around his cage.

What i normally do is just leave the cage door open so he can choose to come out or not. Lasdt night he just fell asleep in his hutch :love:

i guess it depends on the size of the cage he is shut in. coco is shut in while im at work as he tends to find something naughty to do(tho has learnt how to get out recently all by himself...clever bunny:roll:hmm.

when shut in he has a 7x3 ft room as his area so i dont feel too bad thats just at night the rest of the time if in home he has free range downstiars and if at ork has the run of kitchen from his room.

Back