• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel sooo sad!

vicki267

Mama Doe
I went into pets at home on sunday to get some cage cleaner and I can never help but look at all the animals.

There were sooo many bunnies in, I'm guessing stocking up for xmas :cry:

It was so packed that the usual 2 pens were full and the Giant rabbit enclosure was also being used for smaller buns, I've never seen so many in there :(

One thing that made me smile though was a gorgeous little black and white dutch girl who went around grooming everybun in her enclosure :love: I couldn't help but think she would make a perfect wife bun for Stitchy :lol: I didn't though, if and when I do get another bun it'll be another rescue, I've never been so tempted though :oops:

There was a real mean looking lion head in there too, going round humping all of them :shock: I'm hoping it's a dominance thing and not a male otherwise that's more unwanted litters over xmas :roll:

Then I went to look at the fish (get an idea of what I want in the new year) and practically every tank had a dead fish in it :roll:

Looks at the hammies and one syrian was attacking the other, I told the bloke about this and the fact every tank needs sorting and he just said he'll get it sorted when he has time. That poor hamster is probably dead by now - They certainly looked a few months old!

Ah well, the joys of pet shops :roll:

well they have to worry about selling things first (said in a sarcastic note) they really annoy me so they do. i tend just to go in buy my stuff and not look at all the animals, P@H is belfast isn't too bad though.

Our one isn't usually that bad, I just think they have hired new xmas staff and bought in more animals than needed.

Told my friend about little dutch girl and she said I should go back lol :lol: I honestly can afford another bun right now, 3 eat me out of house and home :lol:

Our one isn't usually that bad, I just think they have hired new xmas staff and bought in more animals than needed.

Told my friend about little dutch girl and she said I should go back lol :lol: I honestly can afford another bun right now, 3 eat me out of house and home :lol:

lol about eating you out of house and home i can quite imagine the three of them ganging up and munching everything in sight!!!l lol
shame about the pah :( i have avoided it like the plauge as i always want to help somethign and am full at moment(well i do have a spare g.pig hutch.... lol but really im full with small furrys.... coco is much more of a challenge than stitch was he is much naughtier!!!! lol
hope that all the pet shops try their best to look after the animals and that the manageers are taking mroe time than ever to ensure thier welfare. x

Our pets at home is decent...I think most places end up with dead fish in the tank now and then, and they tend to only have a few hamsters together, i've never seen any fighting.
They did have a couple more rabbits than normal last time but didn't look like they were overcrowded or anything, they all look well looked after thankfully or I couldn't bare to go in there

the rabbit situation at my localish pet shops great, since there a small branch they only have 2 cages which are filled with max. 3 babies (usually from the same litter i believe). Not ideal but they get homes really quick, within a week i'de say.
i reserved miffy and there were 2 other rabbits in her cage.
when i came to collect her the two bunnies were off to new homes:(.
the hamster situations not as good but i've been in and the bun's get excercise.
as its not a big branded pet shop the workers seem to really love the bun's. The woman is always sad to see them go. She was curseing me when i rescued miffy haha!
i'm always dissappointed to find theres no bunnies, rather than be shocked at how many there are.
mind you, i'm only in there when i can't get hey and food more locally.

and i've never set foot in p@h because i'm too scared after all these terrible stories!
i'de end up buying all the bunnies!

Back