• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A picture that makes me sad and smile at the same time.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I was just looking through some photos and found this one from last year.
Its a picture of Indy, who we bought at the rare breed sale, because she looked ill and sad. She was never a normal goat and at times we thought she was brain damaged and other times we just thought she was deaf. She was never fat, but in the last year we had her she started to lose weight, and although we had a whole number of tests done, and I spent all my spare time looking for ideas on the computer, we couldn't get to the bottom of it. She continued to eat like a horse. One morning, she wouldn't get up, it had been an unexpectedly cold night, the vet came out and said she needed a drip and to be kept warm, so we set her up in the study. In the meantime, I continued to search for answers and finally found a description of a goat with hairballs, and it was just like Indy's symptoms. I persuaded to vet to operate, and it turned out she had a tumour and had to be PTS on the table.
I always smile at the photo, because of the way she is looking at me, but it also makes me sad that we couldn't save her.
S5030596.jpg

Halfpenny, You should be so proud of the work you do with ALL types of animals.

Beautiful picture.

I bet she looks down on you and is thankful to you for helping her x

How sad, but at least she had a good life with you and you did all you could for her. She looked very comfy with her duvet and pillows.

Back