• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My vet now recommends 6 monthly myxomatosis vaccinations...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Not big news to most of you but I recently took part in a poll on another forum and I was the only one who voted that my vets still recommended 12 monthly :?

Back in September Artie was 8 month since his last vaccination and they were still recommending 12 monthly, but having read the difference between survival rates/symptoms I got him vaccinated anyway (he's far to precious to take any risks with).

Anyhow, Tinks and Rudy were both vaccinated by the rescues they came from in early June so would be due soon, the vets wouldn't be sending reminders as they haven't vaccinated them previously, so I rang to check and they are now recommending vaccinations every 6 months (a relief to me that they are in agreement, because that's what I believe in now).

So, don't forget if you're not likely to get a reminder - are your precious bunnies due vaccinations ?? :wave:

im lucky that i do get reminders, the only thing i dont get reminders for is my dogs rabies injections which is every 3 years, good job i have a good memory.

we dont get reminders for our cats or dog so when i get mine vaccinated ill have to remember the date:D

Back