• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

few quick q's, please read

:wave: just got shauny back from the vets (rich is telling me not to go on) so i wont go on:oops:

He has eaten (within the first 30mins aprox) face full of hay.

also carrot tops, greens, and pellets and hay (he looks like we have starved him:roll:). The vet said he hadnt eaten anything while he was there, but had a feeling that he would when he was home, oh yes!:D.

My question is we have been given metoclopramide, 2hrs before Ranitidine to be given. Does he need this if he is eating, pooing, weeing?.

xxx

What did your vet say?

Havnt called the vet we picked him up at 6ish today, he hadnt eaten (but i really didnt think he would till he got home).
But he ran up to his bedroom (where he has hay) and munched on it, since then he has veg, pellets, pooed:D.

I was just wondering if we needed to give him the metoclppramide and ranitidine?.
xx

Sorry? What has he had done at the vets?

Rabswood

He had a drip in lastnight, they force fed him, and gave him meds he has come back with a load of meds. He had stasis.

He is eating now we have him home.

Does he need to have the metoclopramide and Ranitidine? i think the metoclop is too stop him feeling sick, and the ranit is too keep his tummy moving. But if its (his tummy) is working would i need to give him this?.
x

The Ranitidine is to prevent any ulcerations which may form in his stomach as a result of stasis/medication and to help restore the PH balance. The Metaclopromide is a gut stimulant to keep his GI tract moving.

I would still give both as instructed by your vet to prevent a relapse or complications.

The Ranitidine is to prevent any ulcerations which may form in his stomach as a result of stasis/medication and to help restore the PH balance. The Metaclopromide is a gut stimulant to keep his GI tract moving.

I would still give both as instructed by your vet to prevent a relapse or complications.

Thankyou:). Gonna go give him a dose now.
x

Sorry I can't be much help but I would prob give the medication to be on the safe side.

I hope he is doing OK today.

Rabswood

Audrey had eaten before coming home but still came home with metaclopromide and metacam to be taken at least till the end of the week. I guess even if they are eating their gut must take a while to get back to normal. Good luck! Glad he's eating well:D.
x

:wave::D

he hates taking his meds, so ive bought some strawberrys to put them (he better like them £2.49 they cost me:shock:) but well worth the money if he eats them:).
xx

Back