• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long did it take you to litter train your buns? :)

jakies13

Warren Scout
Just wondering how long it took people to litter train their buns
mine are using the trays but are still pooing everywhere else to inbetween
they are 10 weeks so im giving them the benefit of the doubt considering they are doing well so far:lol:

Im still trying with Oggie :s
He seems to have no set place for pooping atm though :lol: but fingers crossed he gets the hang of it :lol:

Hope yours get the point that they're spose to poop in the tray :lol:

alvin was straight away and pearl had one accident in the cage

i had read up and kept them in a small area at first and then had a lot of trays about at first

i think i was very lucky with these pair :D

eta - they do poo in the tray but they flick it as they jump out.... :lol::lol:

Not long...figured out where they were doing business and placed a litter tray there.

Although some have been hard work!!

Mine all use their trays for wee, but do poo all over the place.
It's only the wee I'm bothered about thought as the poo is quickly swept up.

I have seen some buns though that do absolutely everything in their tray - I'd love that but have no idea how to get them to do it:lol:

Lexie used to do everything in her tray before Mackenzie came along, now they have competitions to see who can get their poo furthest across the room.

I was just relieved when they stopped weeing on the bed :lol:.

They can do what they want in their 3 rooms. In mine, if the make a mess, they aren't allowed in:lol:

With jack he just in one corner so i put a litter tray, he doesn't have a tray at the moment because he throws it around but still goes in the same corner.

Molly is a big girl now she's been using a litter tray for 3 weeks :D

ted used hers straight away, clever girl but took a bit longer for petal and she still pees in the corner as well as her tray.

Back