• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reasons why little boys should be neutured?

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
I was just wondering really. I am saving up to have Ogs neutured and hopefully with my x-mas money i will have enough :) (btw mum and dad offered but i thought it would be better if i saved up lol )
anywho i was just wondering if there was a risk of cancer for boys or not like there is with girls?
Obviousily the main answer will be for a friend for a male rabbit ;)
But i would the neuter change temperent?
:D

alvin was a mean baby.. hes much nicer without the crazy hormones now... and he still buzzes too... so all that changed was he hated us less :lol::lol:

he gets to live with a girl bun now too... no way he could of before :D

and i hear (have also seen the stains) that males spray ewwwwwwww alvin didnt get to that stage i had his bits whipped off before he realised he had them :oops:

thankyou :D :D
atm Ogs is fine temperent wise ( fingers crossed :lol: ) so will look into getting him neutured in the new year :)

I think it's mainly temperment and hygeine issues. Before T was neutured he was so messy and was constantly spraying.
He didn't do this when he was a baby baby though.

Also frustration - a single hormonal bunny will constantly feel frisky and will therefore more than likely get quite frustrated. A neutered bunny doesn't have these urges and is calmer and doesn't suffer with sexual frustration :)

There is also a theoretical risk of testicular cancer but I don't believe it's as well documented as it is with uterine cancer in females.

Squidgy used to spray me with wee every time I went near him. Ok,so I knew he loved me but is was most unpleasant. He also used to buzz around me and try to hump my arm :oops: Fortunately that has now stopped and he gives me lovely licky kisses instead :D

Squidgy used to spray me with wee every time I went near him. Ok,so I knew he loved me but is was most unpleasant. He also used to buzz around me and try to hump my arm :oops: Fortunately that has now stopped and he gives me lovely licky kisses instead :D

"you're mine...psssss" :lol::lol::lol:

Phoebe (hes a boy) was a dirty beast boy and he sprayed!! he was in for deplumming before his very eyes :lol:
I still find he nips me sometimes but hes less angry and is a cutie pie 99.9% of the time, the other 0.1% of the time hes either nipping my chin or boob or causing some sort of trouble around the house - mostly pulling off wallpaper :lol:

I thought Ivy was wonderfully relaxed, even when he got his plums, and was so gentle and sweet, he started to spray a bit, but it seems to have calmed a bit now, however now he is so full of hormones that he can't sit and have a cuddle without getting so roused it's driving me mad, and him, because it takes over his mind and all he can think about, and it's such a shame for him, so he is being de-plumed on friday he is finally big enough 2.1kg :shock: I never thought I'd see the day :lol: though he still seems teeny! :love:

There is a risk of testicular cancer, though it's not as high a risk as uterine cancer. Their character doesn't change because of being neutered, however the hormones are gone, and everything driven by hormones stops - Benji is still the same as he was before he was neutered, he just doesn't spray or hump my slippers anymore :lol: All in all it makes life much calmer, and eaiser for you bunny.

I thought Ivy was wonderfully relaxed, even when he got his plums, and was so gentle and sweet, he started to spray a bit, but it seems to have calmed a bit now, however now he is so full of hormones that he can't sit and have a cuddle without getting so roused it's driving me mad, and him, because it takes over his mind and all he can think about, and it's such a shame for him, so he is being de-plumed on friday he is finally big enough 2.1kg :shock: I never thought I'd see the day :lol: though he still seems teeny! :love:

There is a risk of testicular cancer, though it's not as high a risk as uterine cancer. Their character doesn't change because of being neutered, however the hormones are gone, and everything driven by hormones stops - Benji is still the same as he was before he was neutered, he just doesn't spray or hump my slippers anymore :lol: All in all it makes life much calmer, and eaiser for you bunny.

thankyou :) i was worried about the cancer asspect of it though.
He is just calmly sitting by a pink box atm. I think he may be gender confused :lol:

Also frustration - a single hormonal bunny will constantly feel frisky and will therefore more than likely get quite frustrated. A neutered bunny doesn't have these urges and is calmer and doesn't suffer with sexual frustration :)

There is also a theoretical risk of testicular cancer but I don't believe it's as well documented as it is with uterine cancer in females.

YUSH i agree biggles wasnt done till he was 5, so i could get him a gf, must say i sometimes miss the odd spray and mad humping of everytime that didnt move:lol: he had hugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggge plumbs due to the fact he mounted everything, there was also the smells of hormones to me they are not nice either like a sickly sweet smell of sweat. ickky i know but my best way of discribing it, he still pretty much the mad bun i was given when he was born still does rings round me, just without the lovling happy flick of spray :lol:

Back