• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jo- The Litter Runt With Possible Epilepsy

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I thought you might like to see how she is doing :)

This was Jo a few weeks ago

MeandafewBuns447.jpg

She has had 2 full blown seizures and now has several 'absences' a day where-by she goes into a sort of trance-like state and is oblivious to everything around her. Despite this Jo is a happy wee soul who eats tons and does a mean Binky !! :lol:

MeandafewBuns634.jpg

MeandafewBuns635.jpg

MeandafewBuns636.jpg

MeandafewBuns637.jpg

MeandafewBuns638.jpg

Jo,Is a beautiful big eared bun and Im sure she is going to be fine.We all have spacey moments,well I do:shock::shock::oops::oops::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awwwww, bless. If she's had a bad start in life there's the possibility that she could grow out of them.

Last edited:
Aw wow she looks amazing, I remember when u first put the thread up about the petshop babies and Jo stole my heart straight away, she looks fantastic and she hasn't half gotten big :D:D

Aw wow she looks amazing, I remember when u first put the thread up about the petshop babies and Jo stole my heart straight away, she looks fantastic and she hasn't half gotten big :D:D

Poor little Jo. If she has got epilepsy is it manageable in a rabbit as it is a human? Ive not been on for RU for some time so sorry if this has already been answered but, Jane, are you keeping her?

Kipper, it's the same with bunnies as cats and dogs. If they have idiopathic seizures regularly they can go on phenobarbital which may help. The only trouble is they have to be medicted religiously every 12 hours. It really depends on how close together they are, what kind of seizures they have and if they cluster.

i can see aunty jane keeping jo too, its so hard to let a bun go whatever they are but the ones you have worked so hard with and developed a bond with, are hard, spesh as i know you will most likely spent most or your time wonderinghow she is and how shes doing,
my linus didnt even get a chance to go on the arc site before i nabbed him as i worked so hard with him

I dont know what the future holds for Jo at this stage. I am just glad she is still with us. We are taking things one day at a time :)

Back