• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Lumpy Spooky - Mummy's Little Soldier!

Nyki

Warren Scout
Three weeks ago I noticed that my gorgeous little Spooky had a lump under his right ear, it wasn't effecting him at all, so we kept a check on it every day. After 3 days it was obvious that it had grown, so off to the vet, where she tried to drain it (no luck as it was solid) and then gave him some antibiotics. It still continued to grow, so we booked Spooky in for an operation to have the lump removed. I was absolutely petrified :shock:, especially as Spooky wasn't showing any signs of even knowing the lump was there, let alone making him ill. Anyway the surgery went well and the vet kept what she removed, she couldn't believe how big the lump was. If you want to see it (not pleasant) click on this link:

The Lump

Luckily Spooky took no time to recover and was stuffing his face full hay within minutes of getting home :D. We had to split Spooky and Bugs as he had a length of gauze sticking out of the wound and the other end out through his ear :(. We put them together at meal times to avoid major confrontation when Spooky went home. After 5 days of antibiotics and iodine drops he had the gauze removed. If you want to see the scar please click the link below:

The Scar

He is now back with Bugs (with a minimum of fuss thank goodness), who is playing nurse very well. Throughout this whole ordeal my Spooky has been so good, definitely Mummy's brave little soldier :love::

During all this my Stuy :love: had a poorly belly one day and wasn't eating or pooing. We stayed up through the night until 5:00am giving belly rubs and pineapple juice, which finally worked a treat. He was back to normal the next day thank goodness!!:D Why does it all happen at once???:roll: Here he is after putting his ball toy in his water bowl:

Last edited:
Aww well done Spooky :D

I know it all happens at once, Arnie had stasis only a few days after my rats died (one PTS and other died of broken heart) :cry::cry:

Hopefully that's your bad luck gone now!

Thank you! Sorry to hear your sad news Vicki.:(

Yes! Hopefully that's both our bad luck out of the way now! :D

Back