• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I've got.....

Chipmunk_K

Mama Doe
Ooooo it's so exciting....

I got this friday but I'll been away alllll weekend so I've had to wait to share the news :lol: I felt like I'd burst!

Pump2.jpg

Pump3.jpg

If I told any of my non rabbit friends they would think I was mad, getting excited over bunny food!!! :lol:

Unfortunately it wasn't cheap :( about twice the price of the ordinary!!

Good grief the 'ordinary' costs a fortune so if the new variety is double the price....................:shock:

I hope your Buns like it :)

Mine wont be getting a chance to try it as with my lot I'd be bankrupt within a week :shock:

Good grief the 'ordinary' costs a fortune so if the new variety is double the price....................:shock:

I hope your Buns like it :)

Mine wont be getting a chance to try it as with my lot I'd be bankrupt within a week :shock:

I was quite shocked, but it will work out cheaper for me if it gives Ivy the extra fibre he needs, then I don't have to spend £7 a week on Fibreplex.

Haha, I was waiting for the pic to load properly and could only see the handle at the top and thought it was a bag of SS. :lol::lol: I noticed it on Hay Experts website this morning, along with the Junior one, but didn't see the price. I'm scared to look now. :shock::lol:

I was quite shocked, but it will work out cheaper for me if it gives Ivy the extra fibre he needs, then I don't have to spend £7 a week on Fibreplex.

this is a good idea where thats concerned, as i have to give lily fiberplex daily now and is is expensive!

can you only buy it online or is it available in some shops?

:)

xxx

this is a good idea where thats concerned, as i have to give lily fiberplex daily now and is is expensive!

can you only buy it online or is it available in some shops?

:)

xxx

I buy online, as it's cheaper then getting it from the vets, I haven't looked in any shops - I have no idea if it will solve Ivy's fibre problems, but I am willing to try, as I think it will be better for him to be happy and healthy with a regular diet, then always having to think to supplement it, I am fortunate though as Ivy loves the stuff, and eats it like candy :lol: He gets very excited when he sees the tube :lol:

ooo, so how old does a bun need to be to be 'mature' and what is fibreplex for? :?

The bag says 4+ but Ivy is only 5 months :oops: however I have found nothing in the ingredients that would be bad for him....

Fibreplex is a paste of carrot flavored fibre, it's normally given from the vets as a medicine, for upset tummys, or when a bunny isn't pooing, but it's not a prescription drug...

Ivy had been sick ever since he was born, his litter mates died, he never grew or put on weight, and always had soft poo, never hard, well after a very bad bout, my vet gave me a tube of fibreplex, and for the first time ever he had 4 days of solid poo, so I spoke to mike, and to a few people here and asked about giving fibreplex long term, and no-one said it would be bad for him, so since then he has been on fibreplex twice a day, and it has made a HUGE difference, and he has grown amazingly, the difference shocked mike today when he went for his VHD I've only had one bad upset tummy phase, and that was when I tired to switch his food to A&P which had a higher fibre percentage, so I gave up on that, but as this is still SS which is what he is on at the moment I am hoping it won't be so bad.

So basically I am wanting to move Ivy onto the mature food with the extra fibre and vitamins, which hopefully will mean he can come off Fibreplex.... I have no problems with buying it for him for the rest of his life, but it would be wonderful if he wasn't dependent on it.... so it's worth a shot!

Where do you buy your rabbit food online?

My friends get it for me from a big superstore, (they go every 2-3 weeks) where most stuff is cheaper then shops and online, I said it was a possibility the new food would be in there and the prices may have gone up (which they had) and if they saw it can they please get me some, which they did

Back