• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smell

ab1063

Warren Scout
I stayed out at my dads house last night.
My step sister, naomi has an adoreble beast!
big giant albino lop.
i was out with him most of the night playing etc.
when i came home to my house today miffy seemed to be smelling me and rubbing against me.
unusual for her as she usually is very independent.. So i guess she smells teddy off me.
I'm phoning the vet for miffy tomorrow to hopefully book her spey, and get her nails cut as they are extremely sharp and quite long.
does she have to stay in overnight with a spey?
how long does it take for hormones to calm down?

Aww bless Miffy :) She wants a husBun! :love:

It can take upto 6 weeks for her hormones to calm down i believe... someone will correct me if im wrong :) Some vets will keep the bunnies in if they arent eating/drinking/weeing/pooing other will just send them home and go back if theres any concerns :) Ours send them home around 6pm on the evening. Hope this helps :) xXx

roughly around 4-6weeks to calm down any hormones but some buns have an instant change after spey it depends o nthe bunster. i would say yup she is scenting you saying you belong to her!!!!!
with regards to overnight they dont have to stay in overnight it depend o nthe bun she will need monitoring during the night albeit by you or vet nurses as her temerature will likely drop as they cant control temperature after spey you also need to give her a few days cage rest adn keep her indoors after adn not on hay or straw or woodchips but on towels or soft fleece. make sure that she continues to eat right up until the operation and have a stash of nice foods for after as her appitite will likely be decreased... ie fresh herbs..corriander parsley.... baby food/critical care, pureed veg... dandilion leaves rose flowers spring greens, apple tree leaves etc. xxx

Back