• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some of my boys having their dinner (rats)

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I thought I'd get a few pics of my boys this evening, Stig is missing he was in bed but I managed to get the other 7!!! :D

My 2 babies Apollo (greedy boy) in the blue dish and Zeus in the bird feeder!
DSCF1826.jpg

Better pic of Zeus
DSCF1827.jpg

Old boy Scrumpy (Topaz (ginger) rat) and Remy
DSCF1828.jpg

DSCF1830.jpg

With Louis (black rat)
DSCF1832.jpg

Scrumpy again, I took lots of Scrumpy he's getting old and his back legs don't work properly now :cry:
DSCF1833.jpg

DSCF1835.jpg

and the terrible twins who were missing!
Hiro (in my desk draw :?)
DSCF1836.jpg

and Ando
DSCF1846.jpg

thanks, I'm a bit worried about Scrumpy at the moment, he seems to have gone downhill in the last week, despite being the first in the food bowl he seems to be loosing weight :cry:

Omg a ginger rat :shock::lol: Never seen a proper ginger rat, hes so cute :love:

Whats wrong with Scrumpy? My Spike's legs stopped working properly and he started losing weight

thanks, I'm a bit worried about Scrumpy at the moment, he seems to have gone downhill in the last week, despite being the first in the food bowl he seems to be loosing weight :cry:

Awww that doesnt sound good. Have you tried giving him lactol?

Omg a ginger rat :shock::lol: Never seen a proper ginger rat, hes so cute :love:

Whats wrong with Scrumpy? My Spike's legs stopped working properly and he started losing weight

HLD (hind leg degeneration) it's quite common in rats, they start to loose the use of their legs Scrumpy's been struggling since the summer but it is slowly getting worse! He was a bit over weight so the weighloss isn't a problem at the moment, but he did loose about 35g in the last month which is rather alot :? I'm not sure what else is effected by it though, I need to do some research

Awww that doesnt sound good. Have you tried giving him lactol?

no I have been giving him cod liver oil tablets and senior aid. It's hard to feed him seperately I have been catering the main meal more towards Scrumpy and Rambo (rip) but Remy who I really don't want to get bigger (he's 922g :shock:) has been putting on more weight! Need to try harder to remove remy at feeding time I think :?

You'd think with HLD they would gain weight due to being less active. maybe there is something else underlying?

Hope he is ok xx

You'd think with HLD they would gain weight due to being less active. maybe there is something else underlying?

Hope he is ok xx

up until the last week he hasn't been any less active, he even went over the agility course last month at a rat meet and got a reasonable time :shock::lol: He doesn't seem to have noticed that he is dragging his behind along! :roll:

up until the last week he hasn't been any less active, he even went over the agility course last month at a rat meet and got a reasonable time :shock::lol: He doesn't seem to have noticed that he is dragging his behind along! :roll:

Wow what a little trooper!! bless him :love:

Back