• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can bunnies sense that you stressed?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
Can they?
cause ive been rather stressed lately, and pebble hasnt wanted to come near me. and if i go near her, she comes at me, ready to bite! :( I get bitten daily, i dont pull back or anything, cause that way she'll get what she wants. She keeps leaping out of her hutch when i open doors, which was a huge problem when i didnt have the pen around it, cause it took me an hour to catch her, a pain on school mornings! :shock:

I know it shouldnt get to me, but it kinda does :oops: Is she scared of me, cause im stressed?

EDIT: sorry wrong section :oops:

I think so. At least mine pick up on my emotions, especially when I'm sad, they come to comfort me. I argued in front of them once with my sister and they didn't go near me, presumably the were upset becuase I was letting off negative vibes.

my animals can't stand it if I raise my voice or whittle on about something that's annoyed me - they worry if you're aggravated but if you're quietly aggravated mine don't seem bothered

you do tend to move more quickly if you're stressed too and mine don't like sudden movements - I always talk quietly all the time when I'm with them to reassure them and keep them calm - just talk about nothing really as they don't like it when I walk in the room or whatever and say nothing, it seems to make them nervous :?

Benny always goes mad to get out of his hutch in the morning and other times I let them out for a run - he wants to go to the toilet out of his hutch and just have a sniff round, but after half an hour he's bored and goes back in for some hay - Pebble probably just can't wait to stretch her legs :)

i wasnt sure on bunnies but i belive they can, my cat was very good if i was upset he always used to sit on me for cuddles

if dogs and cats can why not other animals

i wasnt sure on bunnies but i belive they can, my cat was very good if i was upset he always used to sit on me for cuddles

if dogs and cats can why not other animals

you see thats what i thought!! Dont you thinks its clever that animals can pick up on emotions? x

you see thats what i thought!! Dont you thinks its clever that animals can pick up on emotions? x

Rabbits are social animals like dogs and cats and survival can rely on their ability to pick up more subtle signs than a human prattling on with speech. Our reliance on vocalizing tends to inhibit our ability to pick up on other parts of communication. They're a lot cleverer than your average person, that's for sure. They can read human's body language far better than most people can read cat, dog or rabbit body language.

If you are upset, your muscles will be tense, your movement faster and more jerky and your speech will be fast/tense/more aggressive too. All threatening, predator things to a bunny. Try to back off and let her come to you. Having to relax when around her for a few minutes will do you good anyway. Thinks about it as relaxation therapy. ;)

i swear ted can sense when i'm gonna pick her up and put her back in her hutch, so yeah i think they can sense things off ya.

Back