• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling stressed - bunnies....UPDATE !

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Did you ever imagine the trials of being a bunny owner when you got your first????

My bunny count seems doomed to keep rising because of broken bonds and I just don't know what to do...

I had a trio which developed into two pairs as the girls fell out - all seemed well until my indoor pair fell out....Just don't know what to do now... they are living separate next to each other and both misreable...

I let Gabe out for a run round the upstairs and he was back to his happy little self - jumping and binkying around... I hated putting him back in his pen...

Tried bonding them again yesterday and today but Daisy keeps going for him...

I'm thinking of rehoming Daisy and keeping Gabe as a solo house bun.... but I really don't want to - I love Daisy too...... but they both seem so unhappy locked up :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
One pen is 4ft x 7ft the other is 2'6" x 8ft - I had to divide up my study

The other bunnies are outside in a hutch and run combo (4ft x 21ft)

Sorry to hear you are still having problems, hope you can sort something out soon,

is there any chacne they could be sent to a rescue for rebonding..while they are away you can disinfect and white vinegar their pens so they could hopefully not fall out when back.. do they fall out because other buns are around? in which case could you get a rescue to bond an indoor gruop and an outdoor group to try adn stop that?(assume all are neutered and had 4-6weeks calm down time) good luck xx

Who was you initially trying to bond all four?
Who ended up been paired with who?

Sorry it hasnt worked..

Id take Daisy anyday :D:love::lol: (not that you want that lol)

Could you have one freeranging upstairs and one downstairs with a baby gate on the stairs to prevent them meeting?

Heya, thanks for the replies, Originally I had a trio of Daisy, Gabriel and Nushka but Daisy & Nushka fell out so I got her a new friend - Bungle and they are alll loved up outside. Daisy & Gabe have not been near any other buns recently - they fell out after Gabe has stasis and Daisy kept attacking him, I had to separate as he was so poorly - then when I tried to bond again they had a massive scrap and Gabe tore Daisy's ear in two places and she had to have emergency surgery. Her wounds have healed so I tried again this weekend as I had time to myself but no joy.....

I've bonded a fair few bunnies but guess its different when its your own and they have already had a fight that ended in surgery. I'm not sure any rescue would do anything differently - they were bonded for 2 1/2 years before the fall out.

Just been up to see them, Daisy is snorting and charging me too... poor little thing, I don't know whats the matter with her :cry::cry: I don't think I can give her up.... I just need to find a way of fixing this...

Yes I've thought about upstairs downstairs bunnies but it doesn't seem practical and they would both be lonely...

The only thought I have so far had is of sticking out until the spring and getting Daisy another friend and moving her outdoors... but what if they then fall out....how many bunnies am I going to end up with :shock: Also what when i go away - Gabe would be lonely in the house on his own (my neighbours feeds them)

Awwww I just wish I could get them to be friends again... :cry:

I tried them in a carrier... a small one with the top balanced on so I could get to them quickly - but they were both really scared and still had a bit of a scuffle....:cry: But its the best yet in terms of no room for Daisy to lunge... I honestly believe Gabe wants to be friends....

I tried them in a carrier... a small one with the top balanced on so I could get to them quickly - but they were both really scared and still had a bit of a scuffle....:cry: But its the best yet in terms of no room for Daisy to lunge... I honestly believe Gabe wants to be friends....

Who is separate at the moment?

Daisy & Gabe

Ahh.
I thought they were all sep, so was going to say swap them about abit.
Okay, when bonding, what space are you giving them and where are you trying it? Neutral place?

Sorry if it seems im talking down to you too, just figuring out if you can try anything different :)

No, no I don't mind, just glad of any ideas..... however I have just been to cuddle Daisy and noticed something that 'may' be significant.... she has what look like sore claw beds - one on each front paw....she goes mad if i try and touch one... maybe my little girl is not feeling well and thats why she is so grumpy???

Will get her to the vets as soon as poss, will call tomorrow and see if I can get in after work.

Other than that - the area is not neutral as such - tried in one of the pens but i swap them over every day.... so it doesn't belong to either and their smells are mixed, but a totally different house may help. I'm going to see the vet first though as there is no point if Daisy is unwell.

Ahh.
I thought they were all sep, so was going to say swap them about abit.
Okay, when bonding, what space are you giving them and where are you trying it? Neutral place?

Sorry if it seems im talking down to you too, just figuring out if you can try anything different :)

Hi sweetie..I know it is not the ultimate in interior design but in the short term how about a baby gate in your sitting room door. One bun get the kitchen and living room & one the upstairs hall and stairs. They'll still be able to see each other if they want but they all get a bit more room. You'll be able to keep them a few weeks without feeling so guilty till we can all pile over with some runs and cretes and having a bonding in the garage session or you bring them over to Dr Chloes bathroom.

Back