• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea Pig Setups

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Both indoor and outdoor.
Lets see pictures. I need inspiring.
Just been searching hutches and cant see any..:?

All mine are inside the boys have this
000_0856.jpg

Girls have this
000_0841.jpg

000_0846.jpg

This is my husband's home made hutch and run. :D

Before run was attached

001-15.jpg

005-14.jpg

After run was attached

002-15.jpg

001-16.jpg

Inside

011-11.jpg

My two boys George and Kale live in there quite happily.

Guinea pigs house in the shed!!! It is about 6ft long by 2 1/2 ft wide!

26-04-08_1319.jpg

26-04-08_1318.jpg

Their hutch outside

06-06-07_1847.jpg

08-05-07_0911.jpg

This is our set-up we are in the process of redecorating/organising their room and I'm going to attempt to give them this space over 2 levels so the buns have more floor space and then I can put the piggles on a table rather than on the floor.
236-1-1.jpg

My piggies (& The Smees) live in here
PiggyShed-NEW2967.jpg

Their hutches (bottom ones are empty now)
Hutches02967-1.jpg

The run, shared by piggies & buns (not at the same time :))
TheRun01268.jpg

This is our set-up we are in the process of redecorating/organising their room and I'm going to attempt to give them this space over 2 levels so the buns have more floor space and then I can put the piggles on a table rather than on the floor.
236-1-1.jpg

Lovely to see the girls again,:love::love::love: how are they doing?

These have been posted before but here they are again.

GPhutch2.jpg

GPrun1.jpg

GPrun5.jpg

GPrun7.jpg

The hutch is 3 levels and they have day and night access to the run.

My two live in a ferplast 140 cage.

DSC00891.jpg

In this picture they have a hay rack on the right hand side of the cage, but now I just give them a pile of hay on the floor because they like that better :)

How long and how much did it cost to make that?

I want one!

I'll ask hubby how much it cost, as I'm not sure how much of what wood it took. We did get the frame wood ( 2 inch x 2 inch )from a local carboot. Fiver for 9 bits at around 8ft long each piece (I think, again I'll check) think the frame for everything took about 5 packs in the end. And we used tongue and groove wood from B&Q, about 7 packs, maybe 8 in the end. It was the long stuff. The wire we already had. PVC sheet about 6 quid, those spacer things and special screws for the PVC roof are the killer, soooo expensive.

As for time probably a couple of weekends from start to finish. Hubby likes all this DIY stuff, especially little projects like this.

So I think it cost about £100, but I will ask and PM you.

I'll ask hubby how much it cost, as I'm not sure how much of what wood it took. We did get the frame wood ( 2 inch x 2 inch )from a local carboot. Fiver for 9 bits at around 8ft long each piece (I think, again I'll check) think the frame for everything took about 5 packs in the end. And we used tongue and groove wood from B&Q, about 7 packs, maybe 8 in the end. It was the long stuff. The wire we already had. PVC sheet about 6 quid, those spacer things and special screws for the PVC roof are the killer, soooo expensive.

As for time probably a couple of weekends from start to finish. Hubby likes all this DIY stuff, especially little projects like this.

So I think it cost about £100, but I will ask and PM you.

Thanks hun, look forward to PM.
Have looked at accomdation but no luck in what i want..

Lovely to see the girls again,:love::love::love: how are they doing?

Hi Tracy :wave: They are fine and Daisy (was Snowy) is the friendliest little thing. They've now got a small plastic dog bed with hay in and they all squidge in together, Guinness is one happy man pig!! :lol:

Back