• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what i just found in my p@h food u/d.. letter from burgess

Mazda

Warren Veteran
I just bought pebble some more food as we were running out, i bought a 2kg bag of pets at home adult rabbit pellets and look what i found in it!

S7301871.jpg

Thats next to a penny (the only bit of money i could find!) at first i thought it was to reseale the bag. But its not :? Its a bit of plastic!:shock:

Should i send the bit of plastic to customer servacies, with a letter to complain?? i have the reciept aswell x

Last edited:
ye i would complain to customer services as it is still dangerous
and maybe they will send you apologies and freebies.
hopefully without any plastic in;)

I wouldnt send the piece of plastic as then you loose your proof :D Id send a photo of it maybe? Or just describe it :) I'd milk it... make it clear the dangers it couldve caused to Pebble if you hadnt of noticed it :( Im sure they'll send you some vouchers :) let us know how you get on! :D xXx

First port of call with a complaint of this nature should be to go back to the store you purchased it in and register a complaint via a complaints form.

you need to write to the company first via email if poss with a photo, if you send anything off take copies of it for evidence ;)

I once bought my little one a milky bar cost me 15p, when i opened it up there was all this like little orange plastic bits in the bar luckily i saw it before he ate it :evil: i wrote to them and they admited it was part of the machine that had broken and got into the chocolate bar :( they sent me £50 worth of vouchers ;) on chocolate aswell :lol::love:

I think pet food is supposed to be human-grade, and that isn't! Complain definitely. I found half a dead mouse in some rat food once :roll:

ergh thats grose :shock:
I found loads of flys in my bunnys fruit bars last xmas. All these flys were in the bag and it wasnt until i picked up the fruit bars that i ended up coming in flys myself ERGH

hay is awful, i found half a scull (maybe a bunny, fox or badger) and some tissue - and part of a beer can thing goes round the 4 packs.

hay is like a lucky dip

We found another piece of plastic in the bag! We complained to P@H and they gave us a free bag of food... only one we showed them TWO bits of plastic!

If we dont here anything from head office, like we were told we were... we are gonna write to them again! It could of killed my girl!

Well after getting the free bag of food, today we got a letter in the post from Burgess. They have also given us a 5pound money of voucher for and burgess product.

Here is what the letrer says.

Dear Mrs Roberts,

Thank you for contacting us about the rabbit nuggets you purchased that contained some flakes. :)evil: it was plastic not flakes!)

It is possible the items have come from another of out products. We would like to apologise that on this occasion the product did not meet our usual high quality standards.

There are a number of measures in place to prevent one product becomeing incorporated into another. We operate a strict production scedule designed to keep possible product carry over to an absolute minimum. Elevators and conveyors transporting the products are self cleaning and gaps are left to ensure all of the product has been moved down a line before the next one starts. Extensive and regular cleaning takes place to ensure the product is not accumulating anywhere to allow contamination later. Regular checks take place during packing to identify and eliminate any product containing material from another. However, it is almost impossible to eliminate this compleatly.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention. Feedback from out customers is important to us to enable us to continue to improve.

As a gesture of good will i enclose a couple of vouchers which i hope you will accept without compliments.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at the adress below.

yours sincerly
(name and signeture)
Consumer care

So... do burgess make pets at home food?

ooh another thing... Mum rang them about the whole 'flake' thing and getting it wrong and they are going to send us some bunny treats. Mum said the women she rang didnt seem to give a damn that pebble could have been seriosly ill! :roll:

P@H are full of poo! I don't know if you saw a thread I started about finding glass in cat litter? I got a letter from the company who makes the cat litter saying that it was a naturaly occuring product called mica - not glass and would not do any damage (I have a vet's bill that says otherwise)Unfortunatly, I was stupid and gave them the cat litter and the glass. I got money off coupons for more cat litter - as if I'd want to buy that again :roll:

P@H are full of poo! I don't know if you saw a thread I started about finding glass in cat litter? I got a letter from the company who makes the cat litter saying that it was a naturaly occuring product called mica - not glass and would not do any damage (I have a vet's bill that says otherwise)Unfortunatly, I was stupid and gave them the cat litter and the glass. I got money off coupons for more cat litter - as if I'd want to buy that again :roll:

Yep, i seen that! terrible! :( Is you pussy cat better now? x

Back