• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe heatpad for outdoor hutch?

AngelAnn

Young Bun
Can anyone tell me if these snugglesafe heatpads work for outdoor hutches. I'm worried that it will loose its heat half way through the night? Are they any good for an outdoor hutch?

Thanks
100_0451_00.jpg
100_0435.jpg
100_0438.jpg
100_0446_00.jpg

I use one outdoors but am not sure exactly how long it stays hot for outside because it's always cold by morning :lol: but I know that they keep their heat all night indoors. I put one in Alfie and Bubbles' hutch at around 10pm, so I figure that it will at least keep them warm for the coldest hours overnight.

Mind you, when I put it in, they both run off & sit downstairs so I'm not sure they really want it yet. :lol:

Kirk has his in his hutch which is in the shed (cold) and he seems to like it. I went in there this morning and he had his little front feet on it - made me laugh :lol:

They last a fair amount of time i believe :) I always warm them around 9pm. All the foster buns have them and so do my own buns :) Think Zoo plus have them on offer at the moment too! xXx

i was thinking the same about using it in an outdoor hutch.
when ive looked them up they say they last upto 10 hours but it doesnt say if its for the outdoors.
When used indoors as someone has said they will keep them warm through the coldest part of the night:D

well i heat mine up around 10-11 pm and its still warm when i egt it out around 8am ish and april is in a shed hope that helps

Mine are done about 10pm, and are still warm in the morning. I put them in the middle of some hay - the label says it has to be insulated underneath to be most efficient.
Ruby loves hers (but she's on her own at the moment, bless her). Never seen Salt and Pepper use theirs, but at least they have it if they want it:D

Back