• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter refurbs

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
I have been busy today doing winter refurbs on the bunnies accomodation.

Lavender and Oxo in Rabsville had new padded fleece bedding in their bed box, new carpet on the floor and their mesh playhouse window covered with heavy duty cellophane.

Bamber and Maisie in their 6ft Happy Hutch and run had new carpet and padded stay cool in summer or turn over and stay warm in winter bedding pad. I have also put their old carpet down stairs in the run, I always have the run covered so it won't get wet and as it's so cold it will be better for them to sit on instead of the cold flagstones.

Blossom and Pippin have new carpet and a big plastic underbed box with a pillow in, in their shed.

Mr Snow and Treacle are yet to have a shed refurb because they had their carpet and bedding changed not so long ago plus they like to destroy bedding in a 24 hour period :shock: The other day I put a brand new piece of vet bed in (and it aint cheap :shock:) and within 24 hours it was in pieces :(

Now I have bad back, got a bit of a trapped nerve thing going on :cry:
But my babies are happy I hope.

The pigs by the way are very happy as a few days ago they were brought in side and are living in a run in the rabbit room with Big and Beige.

Big and Beige are still in doors. I want to reinvent the rabbit room and move them in together into the big dog crate with run attached. Big is a bit apprehensive as she doesn't want Beige to wee in her nest, bless her.

Rabswood

Rabswood

Well done !!!

Your Bun's are very lucky :D

Sorry about your poorly back :cry: I have sciatica again and it is horrid :cry:

Back now seems to be OK :D having sat watching Tv for the rest of the evening and chatting to friend on phone for 2 and a half hours :oops:

The outdoor buns also have Snugglesafes I might add, not sure if they use them but at least I put them in their beds. We having freezing cold fog here in Sheffield.

Rabs

Back now seems to be OK :D having sat watching Tv for the rest of the evening and chatting to friend on phone for 2 and a half hours :oops:

The outdoor buns also have Snugglesafes I might add, not sure if they use them but at least I put them in their beds. We having freezing cold fog here in Sheffield.

Rabs

:love::love: Bet they are lovely and warm!

Did you get the reallly thick fog earlier?
In High Green we couldn't see as far as 10ft infront!!:shock:
Jack x

:love::love: Bet they are lovely and warm!

Did you get the reallly thick fog earlier?
In High Green we couldn't see as far as 10ft infront!!:shock:
Jack x

yes very thick fog I could see it all moving about in the light from my outside light. Spooky.

Rabs

Sounds like a great refurb and all the furries will be happy:)

We had a home visit to do on Derbyshire Lane earlier and drove back through Hillsbro and Grenoside up to Tankersley etc, the fog was terrible took us ages to get home, then we had to go out to Doncaster and it was even worse over there.

Hate driving in fog and heavy rain. Your shoulders end up in your ears and really ache the day after if it's been a long drive :(

Back