• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snotty looking nose (update 30/12/08 bit snotty again)

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I noticed today Dandys nose looked snotty looking,hard to explain but just either side of his nostrials. his breathing is fine hes eating ok not noticed any sneezing,any ideas what it is?

Last edited:
What could of cause it then?
The vet gave me a big bottle of septrim on thur for Bounty and any others, is it worth starting on that before monday?

Last edited:
Is more snotty today with a clear discharge,ive given him some septrin,Is it a good idea for him to come in the house?

I wouldn't bring him in unless he shows signs of being very poorly..as the change from indoor to outdoors can make them worse..and also you will then have trouble putting him back outside in the winter
Fingers crossed it clears up soon x

I wouldn't bring him in unless he shows signs of being very poorly..as the change from indoor to outdoors can make them worse..and also you will then have trouble putting him back outside in the winter
Fingers crossed it clears up soon x

If he comes in Jill i will keep him in untill next year,Ive got a spare bedroom at the min,it just means the decorating will have to wait!
Im ringing the vets tommorow

Well iof you're happy to have him and Truffles in unitl the spring ,,then it could be an idea..as said in the other thread my vet said its a huge problem at present..due to the damp weather..
just make sure they have the window open during day when possible and no heating on..as getting too hot can aggrevate it further...but it would keep them from the damp and wind:D

I would definitely keep him indoor. When a rabbit is sick, he cannot fight the cold and fight the sickness at the same time. In fact, he should stay in a room that is warmer than average room temp. to boost his immune system

I would definitely keep him indoor. When a rabbit is sick, he cannot fight the cold and fight the sickness at the same time. In fact, he should stay in a room that is warmer than average room temp. to boost his immune system

Hes in a shed outside i was told it would possible make him worse by bringing him into the house,So ive kept him outside

Needs Vibes please:(
Dandys nose looks much better today but he didnt come and great meet like he usually does I need vibes for him hes such a lovely bunny i cant bare to loose another:(

He might be better off indoors for the winter if he seems poorly.

You wouldn't want to move him from outdoor temperatures straight into a hot, airless room, so keep him somewhere well ventilated and not too hot.

The vet said Dandy is fine:oops: His nose is clear now as are his lungs,his teeth are fine too,i was worrying about nothing:)

Back