• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blended down Veg/Blended down Fruit

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Ive done a tub of blended down fruit and a tub of blended down veggies to warm up for the buns for a "warm meal" for later! do you think itll be ok? Its nothing i wouldnt usally give them just making sure its ok.. It looks dead nice actually
Fruit - Strawberrys,kiwis,banana,apple,pineapple and watermelon
Veg - sprouts, carrots and orange juice

Thankya :)

When you say blended do you mean it's like a puree?

Was it all raw when it went into the blender? I know cooked vegetable loose all their nutrients....I expect the sugar in cooked fruit would caramelise.

What's the OJ for?
The more I think about this the less convinced I am it's a good idea.

There not cooked - its just raw blended down fruit and veggies, nothings been cooked and it the OJ (tiny bit) was used to just help it purify. I know people feed there buns warm stuff so they have something warm on there tummys, do you think i should just throw it away? i was just gunna give it a quick minute in the mic to warm it thru a bit

There not cooked - its just raw blended down fruit and veggies, nothings been cooked and it the OJ (tiny bit) was used to just help it purify. I know people feed there buns warm stuff so they have something warm on there tummys, do you think i should just throw it away? i was just gunna give it a quick minute in the mic to warm it thru a bit

I only feed warm mushed pellets & porridge to my elderly and sick rabbits to help them regain body condition. My other rabbits don't have it as they have no need of it, they have a slight increase in pellet rations, warm water in their bottles and thats all.

Microwaving the veg & fruit will probably destroy a lot of the nutrients in it and you will have to leave it to cool considerably before they can eat it.

Also remember feeding purified food will do no good for their teeth.

If you want to give them something warm, I splosh some boiled water from the kettle into their water bowls, and sometimes add a dash of apple juice too. They really enjoy that.

its not as a permanent thing - just a treat. I do worry about Fletcher and Ella outside as its so cold! theyve got warm water in the bottles

well, they have lino, with a rug down, curtains, a nic setup full of hay but they prefer to lie on top of the nic cubes so they can see out the window, so ive put a duvet on there and they like it!
I usally put a hot water bottle in a pillow case (a disused one) and fill it with loads of hay!

well, they have lino, with a rug down, curtains, a nic setup full of hay but they prefer to lie on top of the nic cubes so they can see out the window, so ive put a duvet on there and they like it!
I usally put a hot water bottle in a pillow case (a disused one) and fill it with loads of hay!

are they in a shed? they'll be fine hun xxx

I have used raw blended veg and fruit to get sick guinea pigs and rabbits eating again but I didn't heat it up it was just at room temperature :) They did really like it and it helped so I don't think it would do any harm to give them it as a treat as long as you don't heat it up.

Back