• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding behaviour, unsettled and growling?

Hopper

Mama Doe
Hi. As you know my buns come back bonded. Ive never had a bonded group before so im unsure whats normal behaviour :oops:

Last night Oliver seemed unsettled on edge, thumping his feet alot and on watch. He settled. The thing is they are all constantly chasing each other but not fighting, they all run around and stop in the exact same spots :? Simba seems to be starting the chasing but not in a agressive way, though last night he did nip oliver nose but nothing serious.

Im not intervening as theres not even fur pulling, just constant chasing. I know they werent like this at the ladys house, so could it be there settling back in here? They have been at it all night and still night, I thought they would be exhausted by now?

Also, I put fresh hay in the litter tray thismorning and dreama was making a squeeking noise and a grumbling noise at me. Is this a growl? I have never heard a rabbit growl before and its not what i expected to be a growl, what does a growl sound like and why would she growl at me and squeek also?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure things are going ok and understand group behaviour more :oops:

Im having a similar problem with my recently bonded pair.

Bailey has always grunted but alyssa has been chasing him a fair bit.

have they groomed? is it regular ie every hour?

xxx

Is the grumling/grunting noise growling then? She has never doen that :shock:

Simba has groomed Dreama, thats the only grooming ive seen, im keeping a very close eye on them but not in the room every second (have to walk dogs, sort kids inbetween)

Simba has now started bum nipping, nothing serious, still no fighting nor fur pulling. There not claiming anything as there own either and will eat out a food bowl at same time??

Just this chasing is constant and there not stopping, seems like there all on edge tbh.

Is the grumling/grunting noise growling then? She has never doen that :shock:

Simba has groomed Dreama, thats the only grooming ive seen, im keeping a very close eye on them but not in the room every second (have to walk dogs, sort kids inbetween)

Simba has now started bum nipping, nothing serious, still no fighting nor fur pulling. There not claiming anything as there own either and will eat out a food bowl at same time??

Just this chasing is constant and there not stopping, seems like there all on edge tbh.

when did they come home?
ive had mine in the carrier this morning while i was cleaning the crate out, and i half expected warfare when i put them back in, but suprisingly not even a chase.

they will be unsettled, what space are they in?
Natsanth is a bonding expert (she did mine for me but has done i believe 4 or 5 successful bonds inc groups). Shes at work, but i will text her about this and see if she can give you any advice.

Im really hving to keep my nerve, im a wimp and cus bailey is my baby ive been terrified when she chases him... but i have been told that aslong as there is no fighting not to worry.

Bailey and alyssa both eat out of the same bowl, flop out and she grooms him but they do still chase. i think its something i will just have to get used to!

Just took there veg up and all 3 were side by side huddled. Scattered some veg about and left some in bowl and they all chose to eat out the bowl happily together so progress??

Maybe it just nerves and resettling home?

Yeh I over worry also, im a wimp :oops:

Back