• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on grieving bunny bertie

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well hes still not right but hes really starting to pick up...so fingers crossed hes got over the biggest hurdle already.
he has eaten a few more pellets today and this evening as i came to bed i put down another fresh bowl of water as i handt changed it since middayish. he promptly sat and had a nice long drink..yah
this morning he did his best to bury the lounge in poop..not as many as id have liked to have swept up but theyre a good size...and colur..you can see the hay if you know what i mean..instead of those black black poops he was doing.

hes had something i never have bought for my buns since my first bun..rotasak choc drops for buns and piggies. he has gone mad for them..being a frenchie its hilarious as the drops are soooo weeny!:lol:
i have given him one small leaf of spring greens..last time he had it he stoped pooing had uspet guts etc as tho he wasnt used to eating it at all. but now hes had zantac treatment etc fingers crossed he will be able to eat it again.

i got my hay in bulk to last over crimbo too i hope..from the dust free hay company this time..and i got 5 boxes of timmy hay and a huge sack of their meadow hay for the very first time,,its quite stalky in a good way..they seem to like it a lot.and berties is loving munching thru it! hes eating as much hay as he was when he went into hopsital...so hes ok there...he was so ill and still eating hay..!!

having time with bif n bandit has given him something to thrive for....bif attempts cuddles then gets nippy..the little moo!! tonight bertie was snoring in the litter tray..bif was across his butt eating hay..bandit couldnt fit in the small gap to the side..but salem did:shock::lol: he loves bertie n bif so much..hes so happy to see them together even for a short while..it was uber cute n funny and nikki got it on film!

bertie is still asking for cuddles but not with me..his nikki..im ok for a short hug..but its nikki he goes to sleep with on the setee and asks for kisses and kisses her back. hes a right fuddly old cuddle monster..guess its cos hes still grieving and feeling unloved.

hes being active..well as much as he ever has bless him...

its so nice to see him picking up like this...i am so pleased for him....

if it hadnt been for RU members informing me of zantac use..i reckon hed have died! thank you guys:love:

i have read your posts on bertie and been wondering how he was. I have 3 frenchies:love:
hope his eye gets better soon, poor thing

thank you...hes very clingy with nikki...not as bad with me but hes been such a good boy leting me bathe both his eyes otnight whilst he sat in a litter tray munching hay!:lol::lol:

its so sore but overnite hes cleaned his face really well...not bloodstained like it was!
hes been sleeping up agaisnt the pen today..bif has been shoving her nose through to sniff..little beast. bandit has been sniffy kissing bertie thru the bars whenever he can.

bertie is soo cuddly...and he doesnt look as sorry for himself buts that cos hes had so much time having hugs with nikki and following her to the loo etc

Back