• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

friend is looking for giant bun

MammaH

Alpha Buck
A friend at work has decided to get a giant bun but is a 1st time bunny owner, she's a geek of an animal lover (2 dogs and 3 cats) and has been wanting a bunny for ages but didn't know when the right time was...

She's looking for a giant rabbit in particular, or even a Rex. If anyone can help me out with this, like with some information on any rescue centres or even breeders that would be amazing :D

Hope everyone and their animals are oki tonight :):)

I think it would be the better option to rescue.

On Rabbit Rehome, I am sure there will be buns in her area needing homes:)
Jack x

Thanks Jack :wave: I'll have a look and stuff, I know there's a lady that deals with Giants near me back home, but I can't remember if she's a breeder or a rescuer, but I'll see if I can get in touch with her and ask.

I explained to my friend about bunnies being abandonned and she looked geniually concerned about it and wants to do her part, which I think is great :D and if I know her well enough I know this won't be the last bun she'll be getting.

She rescued both her staffies and 2 of her cats too so I know her heart is in the right place. God knows what her husband is gonna say though! But I'm sure he'll be fine with it :)

I'd point her in the direct of a rescue, as it will be neutered and vaccinated.
Have you told her about pairing the bun up, if it isnt going to get alot of one on one attention for example, its not going to be a house bun?

Good Luck. Theres plenty out there...

No no It's going to be a house bun from what she made out anyway :) I'll point her to a couple of rescues, don't suppose Bunnymadhouse has any giant rabbits needing good homes? Not sure why she was so particular about a giant one though...
No I didn't mention about pairing up but I'm working with her tomorrow so I'll mention that, but like I said if I know her once she's got herself one this won't be the last. I've pointed her out to this website too cause your all so helpful :D:D

No no It's going to be a house bun from what she made out anyway :) I'll point her to a couple of rescues, don't suppose Bunnymadhouse has any giant rabbits needing good homes? Not sure why she was so particular about a giant one though...
No I didn't mention about pairing up but I'm working with her tomorrow so I'll mention that, but like I said if I know her once she's got herself one this won't be the last. I've pointed her out to this website too cause your all so helpful :D:D

Thats good. It would be good for her to go and look at the different breeds too, she may change her mind.

Is the giant to be a house bun, and where will she keep it if she has dogs and cats?
Maybe as well giving her this forum so she can find out all the info first:D

DONT go to a breeder.....I know there are a few on Rehome, but remember giants can grow very big some to the size of dogs :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah she knows exactly how big they grow, she's fascinated by Herman the Giant Giant bunny :lol: (the 1 u search on Google Images) she said that it would have full run of the kitchen at 1st (yeah its gonna be a house bun) and her friend has given her a puppy cage that was for a alsation (SP) but I'll keep her on the right track and make sure that she knows what she's looking for and I'll point her to rabbitrehome :) are there many people on here that own giant buns? Sorry I don't have a clue about them, Binx is a dwarf lop which would probably 6times smaller than a giant bun :lol:

Yeah she knows exactly how big they grow, she's fascinated by Herman the Giant Giant bunny :lol: (the 1 u search on Google Images) she said that it would have full run of the kitchen at 1st (yeah its gonna be a house bun) and her friend has given her a puppy cage that was for a alsation (SP) but I'll keep her on the right track and make sure that she knows what she's looking for and I'll point her to rabbitrehome :) are there many people on here that own giant buns? Sorry I don't have a clue about them, Binx is a dwarf lop which would probably 6times smaller than a giant bun :lol:

Bunnymadhouse do have giant buns available :wave:

I have a Conti Giant and a French Lop!! :wave:

If your friend wants to come over to me, she could see the different sizes of giants as I have every breed:D (they are not for rehoming though as they are mine:D)

If your friend wants to come over to me, she could see the different sizes of giants as I have every breed:D (they are not for rehoming though as they are mine:D)

Aw thanks Kayj :D I'm seeing her at work later on today and I'll tell her about how all helpful yas have been and see if she has the commitment to look after a giant bunster, but I know how commited she is to her animals so it wouldn't be going to a bad home which is great :D:D

Back