• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Temper Tantrum?

AnnaDelie

Mama Doe
We've been bonding Hiro and Kiki over the week (they're in a indoor cage together) and trying to encourage Hiro to be a good boy when being picked up, so Del's been picking him up off the floor for a second each time and provided he doesn't wriggle, we put him down again and he gets a bit of apple right away. Thing is he's a little wriggler and after a few bits of apple he didn't want anymore and started flinging his toys around, digging, ripping up paper, throwing it about almost like he was in a stroppy! :lol: has anyone else experienced a bunny tantrum?

We've been bonding Hiro and Kiki over the week (they're in a indoor cage together) and trying to encourage Hiro to be a good boy when being picked up, so Del's been picking him up off the floor for a second each time and provided he doesn't wriggle, we put him down again and he gets a bit of apple right away. Thing is he's a little wriggler and after a few bits of apple he didn't want anymore and started flinging his toys around, digging, ripping up paper, throwing it about almost like he was in a stroppy! :lol: has anyone else experienced a bunny tantrum?

occasionally, miffy has one.
if shes put back in her cage before shes had at least half an hour out she has one.
picks up her ball and smacks it against the side of the cage, turns around so her bums faceing me.
but then again, miffy is the moodiest rabbit on the planet, so its hardly surpriseing!

Yep! Nicholas is in a right mood today. Flopping about in his hay like a stroppy teenager, running at our feet and stomping under the chair. Myxo booster this morning wasn't appreciated! :roll: :lol:

yep, Oliver has had a couple before when I put him back in the cage at night. He complety used to trash the cage in temper, best part was when he would fling a ball and it bounced back at him, stpped him in his tracks :lol:

For a small bunny, Flopsie has a big temper.

When she's mad at me she thumps her feet at me. I swear she has an "angry face" and she furrows her brow, the little light patches above her eyes look mad, like >:/
She throws toilet rolls about when she's mad too, bounces them off the floor.

I do wonder if it makes her more mad that I laugh when she's trying to be really mad lol

:lol::lol: I just found it really funny when Hiro went off in a stroppy, he seems OK now, I waited a bit for him to calm down then gave him nose rubs :love:

Do you think it's because he's teenager age?

Probably! Teenagers :roll:

Flopsie is about 4 months, so I guess she's throwing tantrums because shes a bit hormonal :D

I do wonder if it makes her more mad that I laugh when she's trying to be really mad lol

I think that's the case with humans and animals alike! (certainly gets on my son's nerves when I laugh at their frowns and folded arms! :lol::lol::lol: )

Back