• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extremly Aggressive

ab1063

Warren Scout
little bunny i have
shes so moody its unbelieveable.
she was out two minutes ago binking like mad,
then i go to give her a pet and
GRRRRRRROWL.
in a very nasty sound.
some days shes all kisses and love and the next she hates me:(
hopefully when shes spayed she'll calm down.
but with her character, i don't know what to expect.
i'm scared to put another rabbit near her, it would probably end up headless:(

I think once spayed she will settle :D

Ive never heard a rabbit growl yet.

NEVER?
my rabbit growls at least once a day.
shes very territorial and hates anyone near her cage so feeding her is a milatary operation.
shes let out, her foods put in, shes given 10 minutes excercise and back in for a munch !
same problem with changeing her which is a nightmare as she wonders off and i have to go looking for her up and downstairs.
pain in the backside.

I think once spayed she will settle :D

Ive never heard a rabbit growl yet.

Trust me they do, I have a German Lop that everytime you go to pet him he growls and boxes you, I have a New Zealand that Growls and attacks. I love it:D

Trust me they do, I have a German Lop that everytime you go to pet him he growls and boxes you, I have a New Zealand that Growls and attacks. I love it:D

I wonder who that could be :oops::oops:

I have had plenty of rabbits growl at me and it can be very intimidating to start with. Does the growl normally preceed a bite or is she 'all mouth'?

I am sure speying will help calm her down and de-stress her.

I wonder who that could be :oops::oops:

I have had plenty of rabbits growl at me and it can be very intimidating to start with. Does the growl normally preceed a bite or is she 'all mouth'?

I am sure speying will help calm her down and de-stress her.

Errrrrr I wonder but I love her to bits:love:

shes never bitten me in the (almost) year i've had her.
shes been close once or twice but usually her barks a lot worse than her bite!!!
she has however attacked me with her claws:(
which is very sore i assure you:(

I have a little lion head who used to growl and make the most awful noises she too was very aggresive.

I got her spayed and although she will never be an affectionate bunny she is a lot better. She also loves the company of other bunnies.

Hunny was quite aggressive, although she never growled, she has attempted to bite a few times. Neutering changed that. :D

When Miffy was dumped with me by a neighbour, she was really aggressive. She would punch at your hand, bite and growl. I got her neutered asap, and temporarily rehomed with my sis-in-law (she's coming back to me in the spring). She isn't the least bit aggressive anymore, she is loving and very patient and enjoys cuddles with my 6yr old nephew every day. :love:

I was also given a growly bun by a local garden centre recently, who was "too aggressive to sell" :roll:, she has been taken by ARC and neutered, with every expectation of her temperament changing, so she can be a friendly housebun very soon. :D

Back