• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i could cry for him

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
poor blind mowgli, before i had some food and rosie jumped on bed excited, mowgli won't jump up anymore as he not see, i was saying come on mogs and holding a treat above him but the poor chap couldn't see his mummy and the tasty treat, rosie was looking down on him, so i had to put it on the floor pick him up and put his mouth near it :cry::cry::cry:

he still loves his food in the morning rosie screams in excitement to tell him its breakfast time so he then starts getting all excited too

lisa

poor blind mowgli, before i had some food and rosie jumped on bed excited, mowgli won't jump up anymore as he not see, i was saying come on mogs and holding a treat above him but the poor chap couldn't see his mummy and the tasty treat, rosie was looking down on him, so i had to put it on the floor pick him up and put his mouth near it :cry::cry::cry:

he still loves his food in the morning rosie screams in excitement to tell him its breakfast time so he then starts getting all excited too

lisa

Oh bless him. He is very lucky to have a home with you. x

My little Molly is blind in one eye, and now starting to lose her sight in the other :( so I now use a little bell or tap her bowl to let her know when it's treat or feeding time.

Awww what a wee little chap :cry:

Does he manage to get about ok with out banging into things?

yeah he's not doing to bad, this morning he went into the wardrobe again but realised where he was and went to his dogcrate he misjudged where the door was and nearly went round side, but he realised and turned back feeling for the gap
dad said im sure he's deaf as well, i clapped my hands and he heard that so maybe he just switches off :lol:

I love Mowgli and Rosie. I think that they are two of my fave buns on the forum.

I am sure that he'll adapt just fine.

My old Barney (my first rabbit) has lost his sight (and one of his eyes) but with his trusty Missus Summer the Nethie, he manages and I don't think that he minds the odd bump into things. He eats, sleeps, poos, sleeps, drinks, scampers, sleeps etc etc and I think that he quite likes his life.

I'd love to see piccis of the Mowgs. :love::love:

I love Mowgli and Rosie. I think that they are two of my fave buns on the forum.

I am sure that he'll adapt just fine.

My old Barney (my first rabbit) has lost his sight (and one of his eyes) but with his trusty Missus Summer the Nethie, he manages and I don't think that he minds the odd bump into things. He eats, sleeps, poos, sleeps, drinks, scampers, sleeps etc etc and I think that he quite likes his life.

I'd love to see piccis of the Mowgs. :love::love:

aww thanks :) i'll try and take some more piccies tomo

Try not to feel too upset. Blind animals usually cope far better than you think once they have got accustomed to it. I used to have a dog who went blind when she was about 7. She was so good at getting around that people who met us when out walking or visited the house had no idea there was anything wrong. I'm sure Mowgli, aided by his guide bunny Rosie will soon astound you with how well he gets around. I bet he even starts jumping on things again once he's memorized where everything is.

Back