• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping during the night!

dee_disney

New Kit
I need a little advice.
My bun Romeo now has an indoor cage and during the night he gets covered over when we go to bed. But during the night he'll start thumping over and over again, particulary at half 5 in the morning. Any ideas as to why he's doing this? Or any ideas on how to stop him doing this?
thanks.x

he may be trying to tell you he wants to get up and wants out of his hutch. He will be more lively at this time, bunnys are most active at dusk and dawn, my buns often start to become active at this time and jump on the bed at this time of the morning and wake me up.

They are most active at about 7am to 9am at the moment as is half light. They are pterry active from 4 til 6 also.

Bunnies don't only thump because they sense danger or are afraid as popularly belived, aslo do it to get mine, or each others attention, or to to communicate dissaproval or annoyance at something I or one of them have done.

Back