• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Well this morning out in the run sasha attacked buddy again and they were fighting. I thought they were getting on ok. I think they are both wanting to be top bunny as they keep nudging each other for the other one to groom them i think but neither is giving up as yet. Poor mallow just hides away from it all.
Im not sure what i sould be doing so any help would be appreciated.
BTW they have just recently been introduced so wondering if its normal this early on

If its a propper propper scrap, seperate them and try having them in 2 seperate cages, and where they can see and smell each other. Also the smaller the space you bond in the better! also it needs to be neutral (where your buns havent been before, maybe a bathroom, or a bedroom)
Personally if its a propper scrap, then id seperate them, I had my lionhead Fletcher, rip open Pipers ear when I was trying to bond them also Phoebe was covered in bites marks off fighting :(
so as I said, put them next to each other where they can see and smell each other, and then introduce them properly after a week or so

There's no where really neutral now as they were first bonded in the living room and all seemed well. IN general they seem fine. It just seems to be at certain times :?

When you say fighting what exactlydo you mean? I think some chasing, bum nudging/nipping is natural and acceptable, but anything more is prabably not a good idea?

have they now got full shed and run ... sounds to me like too much space too soon ... i f they have got all that space i would stick them all in a large carrier or indoor cage for a couple of hours ...then put them back out but with less space ... perhaps split the shed in half or less ...or could you put the pen you were using to bond inside , into the shed .

we find that less space stops the chasing which in turn cuts down the opportunity to fight .

I could probably keep them in just the shed for now? Mallow and Sasha are fine its just the odd squabble with buddy and Sasha. Saying that it seems to happen in the morning when i let them out into the run so maybe i should keep them in just the shed for some more time?
IM sure i could put the pen into the shed.

Im gettin really stressed about it all :roll: Keep thinking what if it doesnt work and all theupset for sasha etc.

i know its a worry ... but dont give up ..

if thats the case and its when you let them in the run ...definatly cut their space ...

its worked for us before but it might take a week of less space or even longer ..

good luck .. xx

Ok ill keep them in the shed for a while to force them to like each other :lol: Thanks angie :wave:
If that doesnt work then ill just have to go back to the beginning. Maybe a rather stressful car journey may help them to bond if thats what it takes! Do you think that would be a good plan if they continue?

I'm at this point with my two. I'm doing a slow bond because with rabbits that continually have spats if you leave them together full time and a full on fight breaks out then it is harder to bond them in the long run. If it's just nipping, chasing etc then leave them be, but if they are fighting to the point you have to intervene then I would seperate them whilst you are not around. My two are together all day and apart on a night. It's taken a while but this week we are seeing real improvements, they have spats but as long as one backs down I just leave them to it. They are both wanting to be top bunny and until one grooms the other I won't leave then together full time. Personally I don't think it's worth the risk. Some rabbits can go together straight away, some need more space and some need less space in order to be be pushed together. It's about what's finding the right way for those particular bunnies.

Back