• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you change name?

Sorry for the posts im so excited bout getting Annie, but i need peoples opinions..

This will be her last home, her forever home with rich, me and shauny.

The question is her name is Annie (which i love) but after so many homes and her finally being in the one that is going to keep, look after, love, and spoil her i think its right to change her name, new start, new name?.

Does anyone agree?. Rich is unsure if we should change her name?... Im thinking of Sophie?.
xxx

it might be better if you keep the name as she will know her name now chaning it might confuse her i like her name already but sophie is ncie as well

I usually change the name if:
1, I don't like it
2, It dosn't suit the rabbit
3, I have had a bunny with that name before.

ummm im not sure, im thinkin new start, i do like the name annie, but i do think she looks like a sophie.

I dnt think she has ever been a house bun, she has such a fluffy coat, she needs to be dry and warm (god im in love:love:)

xxx

I changed Ella from: Snowy to Ruby to Ella! Also Fletcher was Smudge before he came to me, but because he was dumped and has had 4 homes, I decided new name for a new start! although he does reply to "smudger" (which my dad calls him)

I kind of decided I'd change the name if I strongly disliked it or the rabbit was named by previous owner, perhaps :? If the bunny was named by rescue then I most probably wouldn't change name ...

But then if you have a special name you want to use, then why not? The philosophy of new start, new names sounds good too!!

It depends. It's no biggie for the bunny as they will learn their new name in a couple of days as long as you call the new name and offer them some food.

I've had a lot of rescues and some I changed the name, some I didn't. Frank didn't even have a name before he came here and Dulcie was called Amy by the rescue purely as something to put on her vaccination card. They both come to me when called by name. The lovebirds all had name changes and didn't answer to them anyway as we'd just hold conversations rather than me needing to have them respond to a name. Of the 4 rescue/second hand dogs I've had, I kept all but one name as they suited them. The chow didn't respond to his old name anyway, but picked up his new one in less than 2 days.

We generally change their names as we see coming here as being a new start.
Also so many of the bunnies have similar names, we have had 3 lilys and 3 benjis through our doors so it would get a bit confusing :lol:

The only exception is, we will keep the name if they have been in foster care for any length of time and the fosterer has named them and is particularly attached. Which is why we have a Dumpling and a Brendan :D

it really depends on her personallity and what you see her as. i used to have a guinea pig called ginger but kept calling her jennifer so changed it. I named Ted think she was a boy but after a discovery of her being a girl i couldn't bring myself to change it as thats what she knows and i think it's real cute her having a boyish name, she's my teddy. so i said yes if her see her as something and if not then no.

I generally do unless the owner was a good one, rehoming on terms out of their hands/has requested they keep name.

Ive had a

Odd
Dot
Dash
Gremlin
Gandulf
Billy
Apriil
Muffin - was fluffy
Splodge - was called Peter
Cloud - was called Precious
Tyler - had no name
Tommy - had no name
Delilah - had no name
Angelika- had no name
Kimmy- had no name

(were all brought into Rescue as an accidental litter)
Megan- Was dolly
Crumpet - had no name
Skittles - had no name
Bear - was Sparky
Nikki - was Poop
Ozzy- was Moustachio
Sharon - was Bep
Jack - Was Phoenix
Primrose - was Fizz
Cinders - was Sweep
Jon - was Claxton
Cracker - Was found with no name
Chips
Leo
Gucci
Midnight- had no name
Honey
Alicia
Alfie
Spider
Rapunzel
Eddie
Toadstool
The 3 Fluffs
George
Hedgehog
Lucy
Roxy
Ruby
Chipmunk

i personally kept pearls name out of respect to the rescue, she ultimately still belongs to hopper haven (as per the signed agreement) so i wanted the keep her name :D

I changed the name from Naiome to Abbey, when I adopted my 12 week old rabbit.

However that got changed when Abbey went to the vets to be spayed & was found to have 2 testicles !

Abbey then become Toby.

thanks for the replies. Im still so undecided.

The lady at the rescue hasnt changed her name to annie it what she was brought in as. I guess im thinking new (and last) home so fresh start.

I cant wait to see her binky:D:love:.
x

I changed Honeys name went she come to me from Lucy, i think you such do what feels right for you & bun :wave:

thanks for the replies. Im still so undecided.

The lady at the rescue hasnt changed her name to annie it what she was brought in as. I guess im thinking new (and last) home so fresh start.

I cant wait to see her binky:D:love:.
x

I like your idea of fresh start, fresh name. x

Back