• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

chasing for my attention??

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
The newley weds have been chasing since tues (they married a week before and came home sunday with all snuggles til tuesday...

its not constant and there has been abit of grooming and lots of flopping...

but ive noticed, if i stand out of view... they don't do it, yet if they can see me they do...

It might be that there is actually some referred aggression going on there, and one of them is actually possessive of you.

I've had that issue a couple of times when bonding either my buns or one of my rescues....Lexie is VERY bad for it. The best thing I can recommend is that you limit your interaction with them for a few days and see if it settles.

Ok... well bailey is the one i would expect to be posessive of me but its Alyssa doing the chasing, yet she is doing the grooming.

I shall limit my interaction to the bare minimum xx

thanks sooz x

Alvin still humps pearl when i enter the room :roll: and he has even boxed her when im fussing her.. jealous little sod... its not like shed choose a human over her husbun :roll:

Alvin still humps pearl when i enter the room :roll: and he has even boxed her when im fussing her.. jealous little sod... its not like shed choose a human over her husbun :roll:

that could be what it is, although they are still settling at the moment xx

when they came back from boarding too alvin was a total nightmare for a month.... i dont think bunnies like change much :lol::lol:

bet you cant wait till they are lounging about the house when they have settled :love:

when they came back from boarding too alvin was a total nightmare for a month.... i dont think bunnies like change much :lol::lol:

bet you cant wait till they are lounging about the house when they have settled :love:

I know, well provided they settle they will eventually be free range with only litter trays as bases. its nice having them in the house again :love:

i mean before, they were in the spare room and it used to make me sit up there shivering... now i can sit downstairs in the slightly warmer although not hot due to bunnies!!

hmmm all seems quiet tonight when im out of view.. is it something they will get used to or are they not going to be good house rabbits?

dont worry hun they will start to ignore each other soon.. then as the love grows theyll groom right infront of you :love::love::love:

They were never snuggle bunnies whilst here, they often sat near but not together.
We caught them occassionally grooming, but nothing major.
I think they need time....
There not locking on and fighting, its only chasing, be STRONG!!!

well i cleaned them out so they spent an hour in thier carry case and have since spent most of the afternoon either Alyssa grooming bailey, or snuggling.

no chasing.

im also teaching me and nick to ignore them when we come into the room so they don't beg at the bars. it seems to be working.

thanks guys.

the real test will come tonight when they wake up x

Back