• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet shops in West Midlands

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Can anyone recommend one that doesn't sell animals?

I'm really peed off, as all the pet supplies shops around here have rabbits/hamsters/gerbils etc for sale. I used to travel to Bilston from Stourbridge, and spend a decent amount every month, but they have stopped stocking all the things I usually get.

My local petshop say they will get anything I want, as they know I would be a good customer, but they always have tanks full of hamsters and 2-3 baby buns in the back of the shop, which puts me off.

Is there anyone in the Midlands who can recommend a pet shop that doesn't sell pets please? :?

Hiya

A little further for you but Wellworth Pet Centre in Boldmere Sutton Coldfield have a strict no pet sale policy :wave:

Hiya

A little further for you but Wellworth Pet Centre in Boldmere Sutton Coldfield have a strict no pet sale policy :wave:

I'll have a look on Google Earth... Thanks. ;)

Lucy said:
Jollys in Willenhall?

That's where I've been going since I got the buns. Now they don't stock Timmy Hay as there is no demand (I'm non-existent apparently :? ), they have cut down their range of cat stuff to make room for tons of cages (hamster size), and have no plans to widen their range for rabbits as there is just not enough custom :shock:. It makes my life a nightmare, as I have to go on the motorway up there while the lads are in school, just get a fraction of the stuff I need. It'd be worth it if I was spending over £20 a time, but they just don't have the stuff I need. :roll: I used to easily spend £80 a month in there for all the furries.

would it not be easier to shop online.. i use two main suppliers for my rabbits and chippies and delivery is nice and quick :D

i use hay experts and seapets, i dont think ive seen any petshops round here :oops:

Ive never been to Jolleys... just looked on the AA route planner and its only 20 mins away from me :oops: Might be worth a look :D :D Might have a dog bed there :D xXx

Jollyes have some really nice dog beds, 3 or 4 different types of vetbed off the roll and some funky cat igloos. They seem to be slowly getting rid of small animal everyday stuff and concentrating on larger animals and stuff they can make a larger profit on. They also stopped doing the bigger bales of hay. :(

I have looked at the Hay Experts, I'm planning on giving them a go in the next few weeks. :)

I use The Hungry Horse, ther is one in Sutton Coldfield or Hockley Heath.
There is also quite a nice petshop in Halesowen (near Makro), they do sell pets but they are not usually overcrowded .

Do you have a local market? My hay comes from a market stall near my dads work - only place that sells decent stuff. They put a couple of bags aside especially. Might be worth a try as they won't have animals there :)

Tam

I dont know of a petshop in Nottingham either that doesnt sell animals :cry:

I tend to shop online now, works out alot cheaper also even with postage.

The hungry horse in Earlwood does most things but their hay isn't the best quality. There is a little farmer very close by who does much better (not timothy but very nice).....You might also want to PM Woodhouse as I think she is over your way & might know.

You might also want to PM Woodhouse as I think she is over your way & might know.

Lucy means me ... WoodLouse!!!

Can't think of a pet shop around here that doesn't sell animals. Agree with someone's earlier recommendation of the pet shop by Makro tho as they don't have huge numbers of animals and the ones they have are in fantastic condition and very well cared for. HTH x

Went to Jollyes in Willenhall today :roll: I agree the bunny range was poor :( Didnt get anything for the bunnies from there... got a dog bed though :oops: :) xXx

Lol - thanks guys! I will give HE a go next month, I've set up my account and filled my cyber basket! Just gotta get some postal orders to pay for it. :roll: :)

It's good to know about the real shops locally too, as you always run out and need to dash out for something! I can't believe how much hay I'm getting through outside at the mo, what with the cold weather and voracious appetites! They are like hay-vacuums - ssloooorp!

Back