• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoor/outdoor advice please

Lillian

Warren Veteran
As most members have probably read my bun Hazel got head tilt ten days ago, he used to live outside but as he was getting worse i brought him indoors some days back. At first he picked up and was hopping about but now he seems down. I think he's missing the other rabbits - he lives alone in a hutch but shares a shed with four other buns, so hes used to seeing them all the time.

I would just put him back outside but now hes used to laying under the radiator, so i fear going back out in the cold will make him worse.. but he seems miserable now. What would you do?

As most members have probably read my bun Hazel got head tilt ten days ago, he used to live outside but as he was getting worse i brought him indoors some days back. At first he picked up and was hopping about but now he seems down. I think he's missing the other rabbits - he lives alone in a hutch but shares a shed with four other buns, so hes used to seeing them all the time.

I would just put him back outside but now hes used to laying under the radiator, so i fear going back out in the cold will make him worse.. but he seems miserable now. What would you do?

I personally would keep him inside...can you bring any of the other buns in to keep him company (obviously seperately if need be).

I hope he gets better :( xxx

I personally would keep him inside...can you bring any of the other buns in to keep him company (obviously seperately if need be).

I hope he gets better :( xxx

I don't have any room for another bun indoors, i dont really have room for hazel but hes making to most of the space under the bed. My only neutered bun at the moment is Hattie but shes living with her family, so i can't bring her indoors.

I don't have any room for another bun indoors, i dont really have room for hazel but hes making to most of the space under the bed. My only neutered bun at the moment is Hattie but shes living with her family, so i can't bring her indoors.

Is your shed insulated/heated? I do think that being around the other buns will make him happier. As long as he has enough bedding and maybe a snugglesafe each night, he should be ok. It must be a hard decision for you :(

Is your shed insulated/heated? I do think that being around the other buns will make him happier. As long as he has enough bedding and maybe a snugglesafe each night, he should be ok. It must be a hard decision for you :(

Nope the shed isn't insulated or heated, and i dont have a snugglesafe :(
I was thinking maybe i'll take him out there for half an hour tomorrow so he can see the other rabbits then bring him back indoors?

Back