• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My wee squinty head boy!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Some of the latest pics of my wee kermit....amazing how he manages to run about like a nutter and only lose his balance now and again!

Looking cute in the cage!
P1011387.jpg

stretching out on the carpet
P1011188.jpg

snuggling in for some mum pampering
P1011269-1.jpg

Loving my new coffee table
P1011841.jpg

Awww he is lovely :love:

How common is head tilt in rabbits? I didnt realise until i joined here rabits could get it?

Awww he is lovely :love:

How common is head tilt in rabbits? I didnt realise until i joined here rabits could get it?

I think it is fairly common, but most buns that get it get PTS as the owner or the vet doesnt know how to treat it! I joined here because he got it, and all the RU help is the reason he is still here!!

Oh right. I will have to do some searching on it. Im assuming that like rats they can adapt fine?

Aww i love his colour, hes like a wild bun :love:
I'm glad you found RU and managed to help Kermit improve,
and thanks for helping me with Hazel :wave::)

Thanks guys for loving my baby!!

Yeah, he has managed to adapt fine, just tumbles from time to time, but still a crazy bunster!

He is gorgeous!!!! I never knew head tilt was so bad - its lovely how he still able do funny bunny stuff! x x x

Thanks guys for loving my baby!!

Yeah, he has managed to adapt fine, just tumbles from time to time, but still a crazy bunster!

I think it's brilliant what you have done for him! He is clearly very happy and is adjusting well to his condition! It really comes across how much you love and care for him and it shows in the pics :love:

Awww :love: :love: Kermit is such a sweety!

Where abouts did you get the mat for the Nero cage? Just wondering as I bought a Nero 4 from P@H last week and newspaper isn't good enough :) x x

Where abouts did you get the mat for the Nero cage? Just wondering as I bought a Nero 4 from P@H last week and newspaper isn't good enough :) x x

The mat - well thats a long story! Cos he couldnt stand up very well, when i put towels in the cage he just slipped all over the place.....so i searched high and low for something that could fit in the cage and would be the right size, i tried shower mats & car mats and he just ate them, so i had to get a hard plastic thing, got tiles from a place called tact tiles, they are outdoor patio tiles....had to buy a box of 7, cost me £45, which wasnt good, but they hav been great, especially when kermit was having wee pee accidents, the pee went through to the bottom of the cage and didnt go in his fur!

The mat - well thats a long story! Cos he couldnt stand up very well, when i put towels in the cage he just slipped all over the place.....so i searched high and low for something that could fit in the cage and would be the right size, i tried shower mats & car mats and he just ate them, so i had to get a hard plastic thing, got tiles from a place called tact tiles, they are outdoor patio tiles....had to buy a box of 7, cost me £45, which wasnt good, but they hav been great, especially when kermit was having wee pee accidents, the pee went through to the bottom of the cage and didnt go in his fur!

Thanks hon - I'm having the same prob - once the newspaper is ripped they're slipping and sliding on the bottom, I'll have a look about for some plasticy/rubbery mat things :) x

Back