• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just been into a pet shop.....Really wish i hadn't

Daphne & Peanut

Alpha Buck
Hi

I've just been to a pet shop near me as i was desperate for hay and my usual place wasn't open. Anyway as i got there i noticed about 16 glass tanks in the window all with hamsters in, i really didn't want to go in then but had to for my buns hay.
Inside there were 3 rabbit a pair and 1 on it's own in cages that i can only describe as being the size of the carrier i take mine to the vets in! I had a look at the rabbits and they seemed in ok condition they had food and water,the one on it's own was so friendly it came straight up to the bars and i had my fingers through them giving it nose rubs and everytime i stopped it kept nudging my fingers :love: I was soooo tempted to buy it and bring it home but i know they will only replace it with another one but i can't stop thinking about all three of them now. As soon as i got home i went straight out to see my 2 and gave them big cuddles and nose rubs :oops:

Is this something i can report to the RSPCA as they cages were obviously way too small or would it be classed as wasting their time?

Last edited:
from reading things on here i think you have to go to your local council, or the council of the area the pet shop is in and get them to investigate the conditions?

It really sets a bad example of the size hutches that are acceptable when shops have rabbits in tiny cages like that. Must have been upsetting for you, but if you buy one they will replace it. Very sad.

Back