• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the 73 rabbits removed southhampton

Sorry but i HOPE and PRAY they do not get there rabbits back, the conditions they were kept in were cruel and disgusting!! :evil:

Maybe those rabbits were in such a bad state because of the conditions they'd been kept in, they either died or had to be put to sleep to prevent furtehr suffering?

I thought this case had already reached it's closure, they were found guilty of neglect, banned from keeping rabbits and asked to pay £1000 court costs.

The RSPCA are paying the other £99,000.

Theres British Justice for you :roll:

ETA: Yes it has the article is dated 12th November.

I thought this case had already reached it's closure, they were found guilty of neglect banned from keeping rabbits, and asked to pay £1000 court costs.

The RSPCA are paying the other £99,000.

Theres British Justice for you :roll:

ETA: Yes it has the article is dated 12th November.

GOOD!

If they've been put to sleep it will be on the advice of a vet because of health reasons. Until the court case is finished then the animals are evidence and they can only be put to sleep if it would be cruel to keep them alive eg they are dying.

If the RSPCA win the case then the animals are signed over to their ownership and they can do what they like with them. That would usually be rehome them like any other animal handed in.

If the RSPCA loose the case then the aniamls will be returned to the owners.

Tam

I dont know, im guessing they cant of been, as they have been banned from keeping rabbits, surely they must have there reasons for doing this?

I think lot of it was the size of the hutches and the fact they werent exercised at all....can you imagine a german lop in acage the size they quote?

The 73 rabbits removed from Southhampton.

It,s possible that they could have died from "shock":cry:It must have been frightening for the buns to be taken from familiar surroundings to a strange place :cry:
It seems that this couple have been keeping rabbits for a long time and that is the problem:?they are keeping them the way rabbits "used" to be kept:cry:now though we know better and give our bunnies freedom:)exercise and company:)
I think the BRC need to update the way rabbits live so that the old style breeders become more knowledgeable in the ways of rabbits lives:)they could do a much better job by giving out info on hutch sizes:)runs and exercise for a start:)
I remember when i used to have Fur and Feather (BRC mag)that show rabbits were NOT allowed water bottles when being shown :cry:it was only because so many spectators asked why buns had no water on hot days that water bottles could be given:)can you imagine what those bunnies went through being left in their cages in hot weather with no water:evil:

Im impressed by the RSPCA financing this case. Its a lot of money. Were these people on legal aid, as I don't understand why the RSPCA have such huge costs to pay?

Should we contact the branch concerned and point in this direction, if they are needing help with rehoming.

Back