• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Panacur

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I have asked before if it is best to give panacur to prevent EC and i am going to start giving it!

Does any one know where to get it and do you give a whole tube every day for the 9 days or is it only a little of the tube. I am going to ask my vet to weigh my bunny next week so i will find out her weight!!

also before you try the stressfull of sticking the tube down there throat try it on a piece of there fav veg first before there pellet meal, i used herbs as its strong to hide the smell, you only need a small bit so you dont have to feel guilty about giveing a peice of veg fruit or herb for the duration of the course

vetsuk are by far the cheapest place to get it,

My vet told me to use panacur when I went in for Teddy Patches' injection, but he didnt really explain what it did and why he needed it so I said that I would think about it (e.g find out what it is!)

Could anyone give me a bit more information on it please, for example how likely is he to get worms (he's an indoor bun if that makes any difference!), how long does this protect him for? etc

I bought mine from the website mentioned above, VetUK.
It came today, start all 15 (bella doesnt need it) tomorrow.. :roll:

also before you try the stressfull of sticking the tube down there throat try it on a piece of there fav veg first before there pellet meal, i used herbs as its strong to hide the smell, you only need a small bit so you dont have to feel guilty about giveing a peice of veg fruit or herb for the duration of the course

vetsuk are by far the cheapest place to get it,

Thanks for the usefull info but wil try it on its own as my bunnies love medicine (when they have to get it) But if that fails then will try with basil their fav herb!!!

Also how can i check my bunnies weight without going to the vet so i can get panacur 2night from P@H!

Thanks for everyones help xxx :wave::D

Back