• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bones

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
I have seen another thread about a rabbit that someone described as 'bony' and it made me think about fidget. I have always been able to feel her spine and her hips and i don't know if this is usual.

She eats extremely well, always cleans her bowl of pellets, has her veggies and eats lots of hay.

The vet gave her a full health check when she had her jabs and said she was fine but it still concerns me slightly :?

you should be able to feel her spine and her ribs but so that you can feel there is a bit of fat over them. If you can't feel them and when she's stretch up she looks rotund rather than a little concave they she's too porky. If her spine a ribs are sharp and her back seems sunken then she's too skinny. Most people (myslef included) keep their buns a little on the tubby side really as they should be lean & if the vet says she is a good weight then she almost certainly is.

Back