• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often......

Mumtobuns

Warren Scout
does any clean the litter trays out??? All mine are litter trained (ish!) and we currently do them twice a day. Just curious to see how often others do them!!! We've changed our bins recently and animal waste will have to go in the disposal bin which is half the size it used to be! Can anyone reccommend any other way to dispose of bunny waste?!?!?!? ;) :lol:

I clean litter trays out every day,also have piggies which need doing every day or so.I go to the local tip once a week.

my two are quite small and I change theirs twice/three times a week, but tidy generally every day as Kiki keeps missing her loo :D

OK, thanks. I have been thinking about the compost idea and think I will have to look more closely at it now as my bin has shrunk!!!! :lol:

I empty mine out once every day and put fresh megazorb & hay in and disinfect onc a week. Luckily there is a tip on my way to work so usually drop off a few bin liners full every week (2 litter trays in 2 cages) although you can compost Megazorb I don't have a compost heap.

I clean them daily or twice daily - and I put it into the compost bin with veggies over the top:p:lol:

With the amount of waste though we tend to have a huge black bag and take it to the tip twice a week:D

I put mine on the compost bin until it was full, now it goes in the green bin, which is collected once a fortnight.

I change mine every otherday. but charlie and autumn have 2 litter trays and 2 baskets of hay.

Sophie has her 1, which until recently was 3-4 times a week, but now she is doing big girls poos!! its every other day. Im sure she has another bun under there I don't know about!!

I put mine on the compost bin until it was full, now it goes in the green bin, which is collected once a fortnight.

I change mine every otherday. but charlie and autumn have 2 litter trays and 2 baskets of hay.

Sophie has her 1, which until recently was 3-4 times a week, but now she is doing big girls poos!! its every other day. Im sure she has another bun under there I don't know about!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That must be what's going on with mine!!!! :lol:

I change mine twice a day and disinfect at bedtime. They poop and wee for England! :lol:

They have a litter tray each, but tend to share:lol::lol:

Then I take a black bag or 2 to the tip once a week

Every other day - ish. Sometimes every three days if something comes up. ^^

Clean out their entire hutches once per week, and the trays all get a good scrubbing on those days.

mine share a whole nero hutch purely for littering, i empty it ever other day and in the city i have no good way to recycle this so just goes in with usual rubbish. I use the free metro news papers and store them up for this purpose though, so this is a form of recycling :D

Back