• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are all rabbits kamikaze jumpers?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
My bunnies like to jump up on things but getting down is a whole different ball game! They just seem to take a flying leap and crash into things :shock: Im terrified they're gonna hurt themselves! Are buns supposed to be able to judge distance? Do they know if something is too high to jump off?

my honey does this all the time i have a high back 3 corner couch and she launches herself over it!!!:lol:

I watch Flopsie doing jumps like that and wonder if it would be like us jumping from the roof.

Crazy bunnies :D

honey my foster bun scares me as she likes to sleep on top of her double story hutch, im kinda glad i let her stay at the vets for 24 hours after her spay as she was in her normal place the next day when i got her home :roll:

Azlan my lionhead doesn't really jump on anything. Which is surprising. I think it's because hes too short and can't jump that high up. :lol:

I think he loves the ground very much. However, He likes to climb up the stairs but can never get back down. :roll:He looks at me with such helplessness that I have to go and pick him up and he doesn't fuss:lol:!

my Cadbury can certainly judge distances - he sits there looking at whatever it is he's trying to escape over with his head cocked to one side like a dog :roll:

well Im glad to see it's not just my crazy pair! I'm hoping they get better as they get older! Their little front legs seem too short and the momentum on landing sometimes carries them over like a commando roll :lol:

one of my girls is only 10 weeks and shes still tiny
she launches herself off the sofa and im scared she is gonna break her little bones:roll:

my twinkle jumped down the stairs and bust her foot. I nearly died!!!

I read your post on your poor little Twinkle did she have to have her toe amputated in the end :( She is the spitting image of my friends bunny also called Twinkle :shock: she's also a kamikaze jumper I watched her zoom down the garden at top speed and launch herself at the fence! It was like a comedy sketch where she went splat and slid down There was never a chance of her getting over it she only landed half way up! Fortinately she was fine but I nearly died of shock and panic!

Back