• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is your bun a trougher?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks! :wave:

My Lola is such a greedy pig! She gets really giddy as soon as she hears her pellets go and when she gets her food she is like a pig snuffling for truffles, you can hear her snorting to find the goodies!

She is especially greedy with her pellets which I am trying to cut down and bulk up her hay, she does not seem to like the Timothy Hay very much and prefers the cheaper stuff.

BY heck she loves her scran though!:shock:

One of my bunnies Smokey is exactly the same.You would think he hadn,t been fed for a month when he gets his pellets:shock::lol::lol:

when we shake the bag of food,and shout "rabbits" is a silly voice, they get all giddy and run around the cage really quick till we put the food in! Fletcher nearly takes ur hand off when you give him cauliflower

Fidget is the same, as soon as she hears the SS bag rustling she's running around like a mad thing, falling over herself to get at it!!!

I give her a mix of cheap meadow hay and timothy hay and she shoves the timothy hay out of the way for the cheaper stuff :roll::lol:.

mine are the same if I didn't know better Id think they were starved!! Thanks to this forum I know to only feed a couple of oz of pellets if they had their way they'd have a bucket full:lol:

pebble is the same... she has been know to rip the tub out of my hands, due to her leaping in it!! :shock:

:lol: Greedy bunnies!

Flopsie stands up on her back legs and gets her paws and nose in the bowl before I manage to get it to the floor.

I'm a mean mummy....I won't let blue launch himself into his bown. I make him wait till he stops rearing up and then he gets the pellets. Funny little fattie!
He prefers the diet stuff to his old food. Its wierd!

my three live in my spare bedroom with the door open if im home. In the morning when i get up i give them pellets and i hear them doing laps of the room before i even go in! :shock: Then in the evenings i give them veggies and again they go nuts as soon as they hear me in the kitchen getting them! :lol::lol::lol::lol: you'd think they hadnt had anything else to eat in between :roll:

I give my buns their pellets using a little measuring cup, and Freddie always sticks his face right in the little cup before I can even pour it into his bowl! He is on the grass, has unlimited hay, fresh veggies once a day and small amount of pellets twice a day and he always acts like I'm starving him! Daisy is more ladylike and waits for me to fill her bowl. she seems to like the hay more than Fred, though so maybe eats more continuously than he does...

I let my two out then go in the house for their food. I invariably open the kitchen door and nearly have a pair of bunny slippers as there are two expectant little rabbits with pleading faces standing on the doorstep. Frank actually sticks his head in the glass jar with the pellets in when I'm trying to pour them out and Dulcie was trying to eat them THROUGH the glass the other day.

Here's Frank with his head in the jar.

Last edited:
when i put floppys out, i put the pellets at the bottom and some veg on top, he throws the veg out ends up all over the place then he eats the pellets, then he'll go hunting, running around everywhere for the veg i've hidden, then come back for the veg he threw out of the dish :lol:

My boys are just the same. When I feed them when we have guests I always worry that they will think I never feed them cos they go crazy for their dinner!!! hehe. Funny little fatties. :lol:

yep the same here - everyday Ozzie will at some point of the day chuck the large ceramic bowls in their hutch about. I can hear them clunking about a lot!
Not one broken yet though!

My four are in a summer house in the garden and in the morning when I let them all out they can hear my flip flops as I walk down the path. You can hear them all thumping about.

I open up the sliding door and they all come piling out in a stampede! Duncan is probably worse and he growls at the others as they all clamber over him! Poor Duncan! I then say hello to them all and give out head rubs but I don't think they can really be bothered with my fussing - they just want their brekkie!

Duncan then gorges himself on his brekkie and then lays back with a contended look over his face - ahhh! Penny likes to grab the weetabix and then runs off to the litter tray to eat it so that no other bun gets it - it makes me laugh every time :roll::lol::love:

:lol: i thought i was alone!!

bertie tho has never bene a trougher until he was bonded with willow..she was the biggest and worst torugher ive ever known..shes sorely missed my bridge bun beauty:(

however the little uns are the worst..they know if i ick up the measuring cup where im going and they go mad...dancing on hind legs standing on eahc others heads etc trying to get nsoes and facesthru bars:lol::lol:

when i put the food inthe bowl bandits always the first to get there and the last to leave..no ownder bif is actually losing weight:lol:

bertie used to get a bit curious if he was standing by me at the time. but not since willow passed away..weve had a tough time nurisng him thru the grief and anorexia.

however all the buns go nuts and dnace aorund even bertie when i get the hay out!! or veggies!

the hay i got this week is a massive sack of meadow hay from the dust free hay company..i also got timmy hay from them which ive had before..but first timeive got meadow hay. its great mixed of everything even a bit ot timmy...!!
nom nom nom...all 3 scoffing from a huge pile i put on the floor in my lounge to help them get closer to each other.

btw love frank in the jar:lol:

I let my two out then go in the house for their food. I invariably open the kitchen door and nearly have a pair of bunny slippers as there are two expectant little rabbits with pleading faces standing on the doorstep. Frank actually sticks his head in the glass jar with the pellets in when I'm trying to pour them out and Dulcie was trying to eat them THROUGH the glass the other day.

Here's Frank with his head in the jar.

Love Frank with his head in the jar!!:love:

Back