• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet trip/question

Lynne18

Warren Scout
Pickles(male) and Sydney(Female) are booked in to be neutured on December 10th. They are very friendly through the bars of his run and he shows no agressive behaviour. I was wondering if I can take them in the same carrier, thinking maybe the car journey and vets experience may help them bond? Or am I just being impatient and should let his and her hormones settle right down first.

He's just been on his own for so long.:(

I would leave it until after the op. It's going to be stressful enough for them without dealing with another rabbit who isn't already bonded with them.

If they are both unneutered then even in a carrier hormones may get the better of him and he may try and mate with her. If she doesnt feel so inclined it may cause a scuffle. You have been this patient to wait so just a little longer separate wont hurt and you'd be avoiding potential problems x

Back