• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do I get boys in shed at night?

mum2buns

Warren Scout
They are in their run in the evening and by about 10pm it's time for bed when I ask them very nicely to go through their cat flap and into the shed - of course there is always one of them who thinks there's just the chance I'll leave them out for once (which I won't and never have) so he makes it very difficult. I end up poking them with a long stick (they have a long run with tarpaulin over it and a hidey house in the run) so it's very difficult to get them in. Any ideas how to make it easier?

Can you feed them at 10pm in the shed? Mine soon clicked that pellet time is always indoors & it's always when I rattle the pellets.

Instead of poking them, you could not just go into the run, and use your body as a block and go towards the cat flap? Or pick them up, and put them through the cat flap? I agree with the pellet idea above.

Like Angie said why not feed them when you want them to go in? It works with my two, as soon as they hear me coming towards the shed they rush in from the run and are waiting for their food!

Bribery and corruption is the way to do it. I let mine out in the yard twice a day and the only way I get them back in again is because I let them out before I feed them and lure them back in with either their pellets or veggies.

Works every time.

tried the food method last night and it worked with a treat (little carrot shaped biscuits that they love) for Tyson but Bruno was more reluctant. Eventually though I put a treat in the shed, walked away, and then when I knew he was in I ran and put the flap down. ;)

Back