• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits respond to being told off???

Hello As the title says.......:wave::wave:

Do rabbits respond to a telling off?

Eric and Ernie had a fight on Saturday and things have calmed down again thankfully.

But Eric does insist on nipping Ernies bottom first thing in the morning and then he chases him a little.:evil::evil:

But this mornng, I gave Eric and very firm

"Eric. NO" :shock::shock:

in a very firm voice and he stopped.

I was amazed. Is this just Luck or did he really understand I meant NO?

I think its the tone of voice more than anything. Blue knows my 'cross' voice but he doesn't always take me seriously!

Well it seemed to work this morning

- so I think I will use it again (in moderation, as I don't want him to get used to it and shrug it off:lol::lol::lol:)

But if it changes his bully tactics a bit, then I think we may be able to have a bit of peace first thing in the morning:):):)

Alfie picks up on my tone of voice as well I think. He doesn't always listen, but he knows when I'm not happy. :lol::lol: Bubbles is usually a very good girl so I don't need to do it to her. :)

Ivy knows when I'm cross, and he knows when he is being naughty, and if he carries on after i have told him off and I go to move him away he runs into his house, and sits in his litter tray, then he creeps out head on the floor looking totally cute waiting for me to give him a fuss to say I've forgiven him - Bunnies know perfectly well when they are being naughty, and when you are cross :lol:

Ivy knows when I'm cross, and he knows when he is being naughty, and if he carries on after i have told him off and I go to move him away he runs into his house, and sits in his litter tray, then he creeps out head on the floor looking totally cute waiting for me to give him a fuss to say I've forgiven him - Bunnies know perfectly well when they are being naughty, and when you are cross :lol:

Aww Ivy looks like butter wouldn't melt:lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely! or they shake head and binky off, as if they couldn't care two hoots that they've been told off, just like a naughty child :lol:

i just had to tell snowball off for snapping at me she took notice if she cares is another thing :roll::lol::p

Chloe lives inside, and definately knows when shes done something wrong. A firm CHLOE and she will stop whatever she is doing. She also remembers what is wrong. She isn't supposed to go upstairs and on the odd occasion that she does i can stand at the bottom on the stairs and shout Chloe DOWN and she'll come back.

Absolutely! or they shake head and binky off, as if they couldn't care two hoots that they've been told off, just like a naughty child :lol:

I so agree with this. Bumble was biting the carpet last night so I raised my voice and said 'Bumble no' she stopped and looked at me. Then 5 mins later she did it again so I got up to move her, she binkyed round the room and then ran into her crate. She knows when she is being nauty alright but usually carries on (being a Dutch doesn't help). I love her regardless though. She is so cheeky :love:

Chloe lives inside, and definately knows when shes done something wrong. A firm CHLOE and she will stop whatever she is doing. She also remembers what is wrong. She isn't supposed to go upstairs and on the odd occasion that she does i can stand at the bottom on the stairs and shout Chloe DOWN and she'll come back.

Awww - Chloe is such a clever bunny (maybe a bit naughty too:lol::lol:)

I'm glad they all seem to do know when you're cross - gives me hope with Eric.:):)

A firm loud "LOLA" and a clap of my hands does the trick - it makes me laugh cos Lola suddenly stops in a Vicky POllard kinda way and goes really still as if to say "I wasnt doing anything anyway" and binkys her little butt off somewhere else.

Captain definately knows when he is being told off! He often gets the ump and thumps and skulks under the bed and faces the wall :lol:. He stops immediately when i say "no", unfortunately he often starts doing whatever naughty thing it is again as soon as he thinks I'm not looking :roll:

Flopsie is a naughty bunny, and she doesn't respond to telling offs.

I think she'll end up with an ASBO.

A firm loud "LOLA" and a clap of my hands does the trick - it makes me laugh cos Lola suddenly stops in a Vicky POllard kinda way and goes really still as if to say "I wasnt doing anything anyway" and binkys her little butt off somewhere else.

You wait till she has a husbun - she'll be

"like, yeah, but, no but, it wasn't me, he did it and yeah, but no, but................:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(we love Lola - and all her cheeky ways):love::love::love:

:lol: Ivy just let me know that HE was cross :lol:

He was ferriting around with my jeans (I have just been out with all the outdoor crew) and I was worried he might start chewing them, and I didn't want a hole in them so I plopped him on the floor, well immediately he turned around to glare (seriously glare) at me, gave an almighty THUNK with his foot, and then proceeded to hop right back up on my lap and sniff at the same place on my jeans :shock: I'm not quite sure what to think :lol:

I often have to tell Billy off for chasing Gizmo. It works initially but then he starts again when my back is turned:roll:

Back