• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh my goodness..my bertie..my buns...

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
wish there was a smiley for jumping up and down! cos i am..but i must remind myself to not get to excited...but......

well bertie was recently widowed and became evry depressed very very ill and its been touch and go.....but last few nights well about 4 i think...ive let the littlies out to roam around and see how they interact.
yes i know im meant to rebond properly..neutral space etc but it owrked rebonding bif to bandit and this..well im stunned!
first time there was a few little scuffles bif doing the bully routine..oh the shock of it:roll::lol:. the next night there were several full on argiements only a little fur pulled..from bertie n bandit. bertie retaliated with tail over his back just chasing same with bif. when theyd been out to bed bertie seemd hungry and drank..during the next day he was full of life again..hes only eating tiddly amounts and having small drinks but hes being nosey following me so hes not left laone etc etc.

last few outings theve just pottered aorund..one or two jumps at each other form bif n bertie no fur pulling no biting etc. each day its got calmer..last night very quiet.
tonite..ive been very busy preparing space for new dishawsher to arrive and old one to be taken away tomorrow..and i got my hay delivery today..bigger than i thought and it took meages just to put half the meadow hay into my hay boxes and left the boxes of timmy hay in the porch.
i dropped a huge heap and decided to leave it for buns. the littlies got stuck in..then bertie did whilst they used his litter tray near his tent.
it got to the point i looked across and bertie n bif were nose to nose eating hay..then bandit warily at first joined in.
then bertie went to toilet in their little tray..then into their big tray in the hutch and fell asleep..along came bif and bandit and my heart sank..oh theyll fight him for sure now.
guess what..bif got in the tray and snuggled down right away and fell asleep with bertie for quite a while with bandit washing beside them. bertie got out to have a wee/snack and bif followed him and so did bandit. they ate togehter from the hay pile and then bertie had somepellets and went for a snooze our end of lounge beside salem. when he woke up the littlies were palying behind the huge hay box andhe didnt know where theyw ere and panicked looking for them:shock::shock:
they cam eout and were all so relaxed andhappy together i didnt want to split them up but it was after 1.30am!! i put the litties back in the pen and their hutch and left bertie after ehd said nite nite to them asleep in his beddy bye litter tray our endof lounge.

i cant belive it...they were like theyd never been apart tonite as bonded as they were last dec:shock::shock:

i hope it carries on this way..i am soooo happy for bertie and so proud of bully bif the litle madam..bandit will do whatever evryone else is doing..hes such a sheep:lol::lol::lol:

this is making bertie happy it really is but were still having ot hug him several times a day each..not that we mind..hes adorable.

so i will ring vets tomorrow and tell her hes cheered up a lot and is taking interest aorund him again. yah!!

they might end up fully bonded before xmas..oohh so thrilled!!

then all i need is annabelle to join the group..if im allowed her from helen;)

it would indeed and the cats..when bif n bertie split up during a fourbond and bif had to be separated..they thought mummy and daddy had got a divorce!:lol::lol:

ah well..we had our dishwasher replaced today and its stressed all the pets out..salem hid until 5.30pm!! just in case they came back!
so tonites little session had bif n bandit chase bertie form their pen area and bif slyly bite bertie under his chin in the pretence of washing him:shock: little moo!!

but no fur pulling no jump ups etc..just not loved up likelast nite..seem ot have gone back a step..but hey with anybonding it happens. its just this isnt normal bonding..or even normal rebonding...were listening to the buns not our knowhow..which is weird i know but its worked once before when bonding sessions didnt. weird things bunnies:lol:
fingers crossed...itll get better again.

Back