• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snugglesafe

jenny s

Mama Doe
ive just bought a snugglesafe and was wondering were evryone else puts theirs ie is it ok to be under hay?? also can i wash the cover as im sure april will get it dirty

thanks

I have put ours under hay and more recently under a piece of vetbed which keeps it nice and warm.

Yes, you can wash the cover :D

I put mine under a nice thick layer of hay, but I don't use the cover as itis a hay magnet and you can't get the hay out of the fleece.

I pop Hunny & Mustard's under the hay, but Mustard usually frantically kicks the hay out of the way so he can sit straight on top of it! :roll: :lol:

I wrap it in an old tea towel (so that hay doesn't stick to the fleece and in case somebunny tries to nibble it) then pop it under their pile of hay. :)

Did you heat it up in accordance with the instructions? Also, I've found it doesn't feel particularly hot when the cover is on but if you feel the actual plastic disc it is boiling.

Eventually the heat will come through the hay. It just takes time to get through they hay, the cover, then into the open.

Jack x

I put it under the hay, but I think Rosie then decides to go elsewhere and sleep as I've disturbed her 'patch' :roll:

The others all just wee on theirs or refuse to sit in the box its in, even though they spend the rest of their time in there.

Bunnies eh?

Mine buns just don't seem impressed by theirs..I give them a cosy sleeping area with hay, vet bed and a snuggle safe but they choose to sleep on the bear patio :/

Back